/ NEWS: Hard New Boulder Ascents For Wilson & Newman

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
UKC News - on 01 Jan 2014
Joe Wilson on the first ascent of Bloodsport LH, 4 kb

Joe Wilson and Tom Newman have both put up a hard new boulder problem each recently. Joe climbed the first ascent of†Blood Sport Lefthand, at Shaftoe Crags, a lefthand variant on an Andy Earl 8A+/B, Earl thought the Lefthand would be around 8B. Tom Newman has added a sit-start to Ben Bransby's†Three Hundred Pound Musclin' Man,†calling it†An Extra Pound of Musclin' Man,†and grading it 8A...†

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68620
JoeW2388 - on 01 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Just so you know, I didn't give Bloodsport LH a grade. I heard Andy gave it a projected grade of 8B and he's certainly more of an authority on this than I am.
JKW on 01 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC News: Well done Joe and Tom. Also great to hear you are still climbing Joe and obviously very hard by the sounds of it, brilliant effort.
Jill Whittaker

lanky and weak - on 02 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Congrats Joe! Again, good to hear you're still cranking! Keep up the good work
johncoxmysteriously - on 02 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Strange problem, the second one. The arÍte is out, presumably.

jcm
Souljah - on 02 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC News:

An Extra Pound of Musclin' Man looks quality. Nice one!
Arms Cliff - on 02 Jan 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

The new problem is the second one, the first one the vid shows is Ben's Wall (7C?) which is an eliminate.
johncoxmysteriously - on 02 Jan 2014
In reply to Arms Cliff:

Ah, right, thanks. Is that why it says Ben's Wall in the corner of the screen, then?!

jcm
quiffhanger - on 02 Jan 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

The _first_ problem shown is Ben's Wall, correctly labeled - an eliminate 7c.

The second unlabeled problem, just below & left of The Groove & Fern Hill, by the looks of things, is the one with the new sit start.
ads.ukclimbing.com
a13x - on 03 Jan 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Nice job on the problems guys, but that article is really hard to understand! Its just a jumble of words, took me ages to even work out what crags we were talking about!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.