Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - UKC Fit Club Week 364

Nick Russell on 09 Mar 2014
In the South West at least, we've been starting to see strengthening (and very welcome) signs of spring. I for one had the year's first day out on rock last week! I hope it's been as nice elsewhere in the country and you've all been out making the most of it :)

UKC Fit Club is not a substitute for the training diary but to use with (or without) it as a motivational tool for all.

For those wanting to find out more about training for climbing a number of physical training articles are linked here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=274502

The following training article by Alex Barrows has recently been brought up
http://alexbarrowsclimbing.blogspot.com.es/2014/02/training-for-sport-climbing.html
It contains information about the four main "energy systems" and how to train each one specifically.

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's activity, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have done. By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this new habit will hopefully improve your training habits to help achieve your goals whatever the level of your chosen activity

Link to last week's thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=580171

Volunteers to start the next few weeks (let's try to keep this up to 6 weeks ahead):
16/3 - Nick Russell
23/3 - Si Cox
30/3 - Nomics4sale
06/4 - ?
13/4 - ?
20/4 - ?

Summary of last week:

Joughton - nice commitment climbing in the hail! I guess as long as it stays as hail (rather than rain) it doesn't wet out the rock. Are the elbows and shoulders still feeling ok?
JimmyKay - Did you try a run on the knee? Was it ok?
mrchewy - Ouch, glad you walked away from the groundfall! Well done on the limestone sport.
Nick - Get outside you lazy bug**r.
Alun - Did you get sub-70? Sounds like you've got a good trips schedule lined up for the summer.
mattrm - Sounds like a nice week in the Lake district. Still keeping up the manic levels of dish tucks?
Eagle River - Well done on the V7 flash. Did you get a Malham session in?
biscuit - How are the finger tweaks?
Ali - The falling will quickly get more comfortable as long as you keep it up. Sounds like you took some positives from your Chulilla trip.
Curious Yellow - Did you get the V6 in time? Good work on ticking your Feb goals off!
hms - Goals? We must be converting you! If you keep up training at your current level you should smash 7b+ this summer.
Sankey - Settling in ok in Pennsylvania?
grubes - How was the N Wales sport? It looks like the weather's held off for you!
Nomics - Don't get too hung up on the time for one race. If it's fell racing you're into, surely hill reps would be better training than intervals.
Dandan82 - Good progress on the weights. Do you find that it helps with powerful climbing, or is it just something you enjoy? Anything useful come out of your physio appointment?
Exile - Nice work getting out at the weekend. Anything else this week? I sacked off a trip on forecasts of high temperatures and high avalanche risk.
Ally Smith - Back into it after the lurgy?
AJM - Keep the reports from Europe coming! Any more visitors planned? (I haven't managed to keep track)
AndrewW - Weather not good? I think that's the first time we've heard that from you! I notice (with envy) that your "bad weather training" option still seems to be outdoors though.
IainRUK - scary stuff! I've plenty of experience with crazy drivers when cycling to work, but not when running. How are you getting on in Philly?
Humperdink - Afraid I don't have Sky so missed intercounties. How did it go?
Luke Owens - If you're falling off things because you're tired from a previous session, it doesn't make it a bad session. Are you getting more steep mileage in?
Si Cox - Getting back into it? I always find I feel really fit after a few days winter mountaineering.
ppg - I get the impression your excited about Malham. Did you get there again this week? (Or perhaps I should ask, did you leave?)
mbh - Feeling any better now? As others have said, it sounds like you just need a longer period of rest after 2 years of relentless training. Don't rush back into it for the sake of your averages and spreadsheets, get going again when it feels right. You'll come back stronger!
Just Tintin - Recovered from the lurgy? I find 2 minutes plank hard enough.
stevemarkperry - Any climbing this week?
... not showing 64 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums