Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Sil-Mini Peak 2013 - Tarptent vs Alternatives

FarmboyUK - on 11 Mar 2014
Hi fellow outdoor enthusiasts.

As I am lucky enough to currently live less than 20 miles from Dartmoor NP I am spending more and more time on the moors and have really taken to wild camping.

At the moment I am using an old Coleman 1.5 or 2 man tent that weighs 2.5kg. I am now looking for something a bit (or a lot) lighter but still fully appropriate for the wind/rain and bogs! I am aiming for 1 - 1.5kg all in.

Whilst there are many options that meet my criteria the options list gets somewhat shortened once I set my budget at 150-200.

It appears to me that by far the best way to spend my money would be on a Sil-Mini Peak 2013 from BackPackingLight - http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shelters-1/WF106.html

I was hoping someone or a few people on here have experience with this tent or similar 'tarp-tents' in the UK. I am very much open to suggestions of alternatives.

One thing I do love is the space to weight ratio and the knowledge that I can bring a mate along quite easily if I wanted to. It seems from the few reviews I've found that this style of tent holds up to weather quite well but would love more input before spending the money!
... not showing 4 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums