Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - 5 'hindsight is a wonderful thing' tips for beginners

megamonkeyman on 11 Mar 2014

I have been climbing for around 10 months. 80% indoor leading, bouldering. Some trad experience and equal outdoor bouldering on Southern sandstone. I really enjoy sport climbing at the minute so my summer focus will be on that with a little trad.

It may be an ambiguous question for some but what would you change in your climbing journey so far? Any mistakes not worth making? Tips for us new ones on sport and trad (safety, training ect.)

Anything you wish someone had told you when you were starting out?

For instance, a big guy in the gym and a natural bodybuilder (used every single weight available on the leg press type wild man) once said to me: 'if you wanna get strong, just pick some excercises and get good at them'. That stuck with me and working with that simple routine after 5 or so years I can squat over twice my body weight.

I know there is a lot more factors in climbing so that's why I asked for 5.

Oh and I stay away from yellow snow and always remember to tie a figure of eight not a shoe lace bow ha!
Post edited at 00:07
... not showing 89 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums