/ Cheapest campsite in peak/ hope area.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
CharlieMack - on 13 Mar 2014
Looking to camp this weekend in the peak. Possibly hope area but not restricted to.

Any suggestions on really cheap campsites that allow bbqs? I've found somewhere that's a fiver each, but no fires or bbqs. Or somewhere that's 8.50 each with bbqs, but also a fiver for the car.

Would usually go somewhere like Robin Hood cave but got some 'city' mates with us.

Just looking for a field and a loo. Anything else would be a bonus.
rj_townsend on 13 Mar 2014
In reply to CharlieMack:
Take a look at the farm in Upper Booth. There are two - one is a proper campsite (National Trust, maybe?), and the other is a mad cat lady in lonely farmhouse. 4 per night rings a bell. There is water and a toilet, and a cracking view. Don't try driving up the track to the farmhouse though, unless you dislike your car having oil in the engine.

Edit: Highfield Farm
Post edited at 16:32
deacondeacon - on 13 Mar 2014
In reply to CharlieMack:

Although not in Hope, you'll be hard pressed to find a cheaper campsite than The Eric Byne memorial site. It's a really nice spot between Birchen And Gardoms and it's a ten minute walk from the carpark which tends to keep the riff-raff away :)
It's very basic, camping in a field with no shower facilities (but does have toilets).
Last time I stayed it was 3.00 and I'd be surprised if it has gone up.
ads.ukclimbing.com
CharlieMack - on 14 Mar 2014
In reply to deacondeacon:

Perfect, just what i was after. Will probably drag the others out climbing at Gardoms since it's so nice :)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.