Skiing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Achilles problems?

Hannah V - on 09 Jun 2014
I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this topic but maybe someone can help anyway.

So my ski season more or less ended last week and yesterday I put on my hiking boots for the first summer hike. The path I walked was fairly direct up and down and on the way back to the car I noticed I started to get some pain in the back of my heel. I noticed the same problem when I used some winter climbing boots back in the start of March, but the discomfort disappeared again since I only been using skiing boots again for the last few months for all mountain trips. I was wondering whether there are any other ski tourers who have experienced the same problem i.e. pain in the heel which only shows up with hiking/mountaineering boots but not ski touring boots? I am a little confused and am not sure whether this is a possible achilles problem or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to alleviate the discomfort next time I want to use my hiking boots?
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums