Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - 700c disc brake hub CX wheel?

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy a non-stupidly expensive front wheel with a disc fitting hub for my CX bike? Went for a lovely ride today with my visiting friend, he rode my CX bike while I rode my road bike. Unfortunately when nearly back home he rode into a ditch and did a good 360 with the bike still attached to him. (We're not sure why this happened really, probably to do with just having got off a plane after 30 hrs and 15,000 kms of travelling with a one year old baby!) Damage: one rather bent front wheel and possibly a broken collar bone although he managed to ride the last 5 kms back with both in the best spirit of Rule# 5. He wants to buy me a replacement wheel because he feels really bad about it, but I feel bad that he fell off whilst out riding with me! I'm sure the wheels that came with my bottom of the range Boardman CX bike weren't super fancy to begin with, but neither Wiggle, Chain Reaction nor Merlin do disc ready 700c wheels without getting into silly money.

I saw on Amazon some shop selling Shimano Deore ones for about 50 quid, which they claimed fit both 29er and 700c tyres. Is that really true?

... not showing 17 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums