Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Recovering and training with a broken collarbone

size9hex - on 20 Aug 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for advice on returning to climbing following breaking a collarbone please. Have you been through anything similar, and found that any particular exercises/stretches have helped maintain strength or flexibility in advance of getting back onto the wall? I can see both my arms are getting thinner by the day! Equally, I'd welcome any advice on what to try (or not try) during the first few climbing sessions please.

In terms of my situation, it's thankfully a single, and fairly clean break (having been outwitted by a tree stump on my bike three weeks ago). It's healing without surgery, but I'm waiting for more advice from the fracture clinic this Friday. Until then, I'm doing the gentle exercises they recommended to maintain the range of shoulder movement, but not raising my arm above my shoulder.

Many thanks for any replies or advice.

Paul.
... not showing 17 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums