For Sale/Wanted forum

View latest messages in My Forums
Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Topic - FS: Beal Joker 60m 9.1m Golden Dry Cover Rope (Triple Use)

Mike7 on 28 Aug 2014 - user since 27/Jul/09
Price: 95

Hi.

I have a 60m Beal Joker 9.1m dry cover rope. The one that is single/half/twin approved. Yellow/Gold colour.

I bought it end of summer 2013 and the reason for selling is that it has been used only once so I would rather it wasn't taking up space. It looks pretty much brand new and has been stored dark and dry in my bedroom. I'll throw in a Beal rope bag too.

I'm looking for 95, but cant be bothered to post so either pick up in Hereford (home) or can also drop off in Watford some weekends.

Cash on collection.
Cheers
Mike
djellworth on 29 Aug 2014
In reply to Mike7:

incredible coincidence ! :

Hi There.
I have a 50m Beal Joker 9.1m dry cover rope. The one that is single/half/twin approved. Black.
I bought it end of summer 2012 in Snells and the reason for selling is that it has been used just once on a short dry lakes scramble (long story...) with no falls or even tugs. It is fairly well traveled as it has been to the alps 3 times but has not been out of my kitbag. It looks pretty much brand new. In between travels it has been stored dark and dry in my bedroom.
I am looking for 80 but cant be bothered to post so either pick up in Ilkley, West Yorks (home) or Tower Bridge/Tower Hill (my work).
Cash on collection.
Cheers
Nick
chris687 - on 29 Aug 2014
In reply to djellworth:

I also have I have a 60m Beal Joker 9.1m dry cover rope. The one that is single/half/twin approved. Yellow/Gold colour. black middle marker.

It was bought for me as a present but the buyer "borrowed" the money from me anyway. It has been used a lot, mostly in the alps and looks old and a bit tatty having been stored in lots of different places.

I am looking for about 10k but that's not really related. I do occasionally post things but if people would like to visit then that is fine too.
Jeff Ingman - on 29 Aug 2014
In reply to Mike7:

If you change your mind and decide to post it I would be interested, I'm not in Hereford or Watford very often.......Jeff
Mike7 on 29 Aug 2014
In reply to djellworth:

Is there a point?

Is it a concidence that I have a 60m one and someone else has a 50m one?
Mike7 on 29 Aug 2014
In reply to Jeff Ingman:

Jeff,

Might be expensive mate, (happy to take a steer here..?) - where in the country are you based?
djellworth on 30 Aug 2014
In reply to Mike7:

Hey Mike - there is no real point to my post re the uncanny coincidence.

I just found it funny to see your post offering your rope for sale a week or so after I had posted my Beal Joker rope for sale using virtually identical wording I had written. I had a double take and thought I had posted twice. So either you copied my ad and inserted your details (not a big deal of course) or - this really was an uncanny coincidence!

I have no axe to grind in any way - my rope is sold - I was stuck at an airport (as now) and bored with nothing to do....... good luck with the sale.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Mike7 on 03 Sep 2014
Now sold, thank you.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

My Forums