/ What is the name of this piece of rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
James Rushforth - on 30 Aug 2014
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-G6wGvuH003g/TuiBeGRWqHI/AAAAAAAAAGo/EVyai1w-Y88/s1600/P9300098.JPG

What is the name of this rock and whereabouts in N Wales do I find it? ^^

Is it the Canon on Tryfan or is that a similar looking rock?

Thanks very much in advance!
GridNorth - on 30 Aug 2014
In reply to James Rushforth:

That's the Cantilever on the top of Glyder Fach and can be reached from Ogwen Valley.
In reply to GridNorth:

Brilliant, thanks very much, much appreciated.
Ron Rees Davies - on 30 Aug 2014

Cannon is more angled, like a cannon, and is on the North ridge of Tryfan. There is a better background (mountains / valleys) in pictures taken of the cannon, but less of a sense of precariousness.

It is common to visit both rocks on the same outing, starting at the base of Tryfan and doing the North ridge, down S ridge of Tryfan and then onto Glyder fach either via Bristly ridge or the Miners path.
ewar woowar on 30 Aug 2014
In reply to GridNorth:

> That's the Cantilever on the top of Glyder Fach and can be reached from Ogwen Valley.

^^^^^

Yes.
gethin_allen on 30 Aug 2014
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:
"... onto Glyder fach either via Bristly ridge or the Miners path."

Just take care if you go up Bristley ridge as apparently there has been a rockfall recently and some bits are a bit unstable.

Thanks all, shall go for a gander.
Ron Rees Davies - on 30 Aug 2014
In reply to gethin_allen:

I think the 'rockfall' comment was relating to the already chossy top of Dexter gully (or one of the others) rather than the usual Sinister gully route. I haven't been up there myself for a couple of months though, so might take a peek next week.
Skol on 30 Aug 2014
Me and the mrs had sex on that rock! Then we jumped Adam and Eve, and I sat her on the cannon on the way down

Simos on 30 Aug 2014
In reply to Skol:

Always useful to know that it's sturdy
ads.ukclimbing.com
Skol on 30 Aug 2014
In reply to Simos:

> Always useful to know that it's sturdy

Mate, it takes bariatrics:) .Worth a go:). We got someone to take a picture. Better than all these cheesy photos on it. Hang out with the Pagans on the solstices. It's a religious experience:)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.