For Sale/Wanted forum

View latest messages in My Forums
Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Topic - Wanted: Quark hammer

john callaghan - on 01 Sep 2014 - user since 13/Apr/09
The model before the current one (which had a larger head). Needs to match the adze my brother's had for years (photo available), and replace the (his!) hammer, which i just dropped in the Alps.
peebles boy - on 01 Sep 2014
In reply to john callaghan:

Good luck, I've been trying to get my hands on a second hand hammer for over a year now!
Busby - on 01 Sep 2014
http://outsider-bg.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/petzl_quark_ergo_07.jpg

I've got one of these going spare now if it's of any interest, though I suspect you're looking for a more recent model... ;)
peebles boy - on 02 Sep 2014
In reply to Busby:

Could be interested in that if John isn't!
stuart58 - on 02 Sep 2014

just wondered if you are interested i have a petzal atzar hammer fitted for leashless if thats any good I have used it with a quark axe until I bought the old type hammer
john callaghan - on 03 Sep 2014
In reply to peebles boy:

Thanks Mate. I thought as much, but worth a try.
In reply to Busby:

Thanks for the pic. I offered to buy my brother a pair of new quarks but he's stuck on the old style, so i need to try and get a match. his axe doesn't have the ergo handle.
In reply to peebles boy:
Go for it!
In reply to stuart58:

Thanks mate, but like i said above: the brother's stuck on the quark and i need to replace like for like.
peebles boy - on 08 Sep 2014

Just a thought...as i seem to be getting nowhere with finding a hammer either, would you be interested in buying my axe and trying to find a hammer head?
stevieweesaxs107 - on 08 Sep 2014
In reply to peebles boy:

I've a brand new hammer head if any good
johnt - on 08 Sep 2014

Check out the Nevisport website - looks like they have some of the older model Quarks in stock.....
Busby - on 09 Sep 2014

What's your thoughts then Peebles, keen?
peebles boy - on 09 Sep 2014
In reply to Busby:

I'll say no for now, wait and see if John is interested in my axe/Stevies hammer head combo. Failing that, a purchase at Nevis-sport may be on the cards. Cheers tho!
john callaghan - on 12 Sep 2014
In reply to johnt:

Brilliant. Thanks mate. And i thought I'd tried everywhere.
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

Thanks Stevie. But, given Nevisport have pre-2010 axes and hammers, looks like both peebles boy and i will be able to make up a pair.
In reply to peebles boy:

OK peebles boy, thanks for the offer but i'm going to get a new hammer from Nevisport. And I'm guessing you'll be glad to do the same, and finally have a pair.
Fraser on 12 Sep 2014

I'm about to sell a bunch of stuff on here on behalf of a friend - I don't do winter climbing myself, but I think there is a Quark 'something' in the pack, so could take a photo and see if it's what you're after.
peebles boy - on 12 Sep 2014
In reply to Fraser:

Fraser,

Can you send that photo to me as well please?

Cheers,
Gordon
ads.ukclimbing.com
Fraser on 12 Sep 2014
In reply to peebles boy & jc:

Sorry guys, my mistake, they're 'Mountain Technology'. I'll try and post a list within a week or so and link to some photos, so if you're interested you could see them then. (There's quite a lot of stuff so it's taking a while to prepare everything)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

My Forums