UKC

Rock shoe fit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TRJ 21 Oct 2004
A frequent question, I know, but what's the latest thinking on how tight rock shoes should be? I'm planning to buy a new pair - should I still look to buy the smallest pair I can possibly squeeze my feet into?
 Fidget 21 Oct 2004
In reply to TRJ:

I think the general consensus will be no, get some that are comfy-ish. It also depends on how much/how hard you climb and what type of climbing you do. I normally find they staff in the shops very helpful in choosing shoes, in my experience they tend to give sound advice instead of just recommending the most expensive.
 timmy 21 Oct 2004
In reply to TRJ: You're a just starting. what's the point in gettig shoes that hurt so much you don't want to put them on?
 Fidget 21 Oct 2004
In reply to TRJ:

But like you said, it's a frequent question. Do a search on this site...
brian crawford 21 Oct 2004
In reply to TRJ:

try a load of different sizes and makes, also remmeber that your feet wil get slightly bigger after exercise. I used to have super tight shoes, but after realising I am never going to be a great climber, I got a pair with which i can wear socks.
OP TRJ 22 Oct 2004
In reply to TRJ: Thanks for your advice, everyone. I'm not actually a beginner - just tired of suffering! As I tend to prefer lower grade 'mountain' rock routes, I'll probably go for something a bit more comfortable than my late, unlamented, Stingers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...