UKC

Outdoor designs glove sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TobyA 26 Oct 2004
Anyone got any opinions on this? I am thinking of getting a pair of last seasons Ultraflex gloves which are on a jolly good sale at a certain shop which on might confuse with a haberdashery if you didn't know.

I have laughably stumpy little fat fingers attached to quite wide palms. Just about every pair of gloves I have are too long in the fingers so that they fit across my hand. I think my current Mtn Hardware gloves are large.

I've heard good things about this model - does anyone disagree?
 Giles Thurston 26 Oct 2004
In reply to TobyA:

All my gloves are Outdoordesign's because I find they're a perfect fit for my hands. The Ultraflexes are excellent, they aren't that warm so you would probably have to wear a liner underneath them but they give excellent dexterity and protection.

Mine are large but thats cause I have large "farming" hands with long fingers, so would doubt if thats the best fit for you. At that price, you might as well order a couple of pairs and send back the ones you don't want. Remember P&P is free from the "haberdashery" shop!
In reply to Giles Thurston:

Oh yes, I forgot to say that I used to wear MHW gloves but also found them too big so maybe Outdoordesigns will be good for you.
Dave Hunter, Rock + Run 26 Oct 2004

Giles, you are allowed to say 'Needlesports' you know. Do they do free p+p to Sweden tho?

In reply to Dave Hunter, Rock + Run:

I know Dave, I usually would but was just following the earlier variation Obviously I would say R&R as well but last time I was in I didn't recall seeing Outdoordesigns gloves?
Dave Hunter, Rock + Run 27 Oct 2004

Nope.

Outdooe Research, Black Diamond and Extremeties in the main for us with a sprinkling of Mountain Hardwear.

The Inferno's are good gloves but a bit stiff to begin with. Once the insulation's worn down a bit they're good. But then you could have got a Dry Tool glove in the first place...
 Giles Thurston 27 Oct 2004
In reply to Dave Hunter, Rock + Run:

Agree entirely, they are quite stiff to start with but do give after a while. I went for them because the fit of OD gloves is pretty much perfect for my hands and don't impede my dexterity that much - not that I had much before!
In reply to TobyA:
ive jus bought a pair of those ultraflex gloves. The grips are really good and they are quite flexible although they dont feel very warm so you would need some spare gloves for when your not climbing which are warmer.
Ive got the extra small size andm y short stumpy fingers are still abit short for the gloves, oh well, they'll do!
Alpnick 28 Oct 2004
In reply to TobyA:

Just to be sure;

There is the ultraflex and the ultraflex inferno, the ultraflex inferno has a leather palm the ultraflex has a clarino nash with a slicon print on it.

Which model are you thinking about?

Giles Thurston 28 Oct 2004
In reply to Alpnick:
> (In reply to TobyA)
> Which model are you thinking about?

I've got the standard Ultraflex, I found the inferno to bulky

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...