UKC

That blocking marketing calls/junk mail thing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 curlymynci 27 Oct 2004
Good people of RT. Many a time people have advised registering with a *body* of sorts to prevent junk mail and marketing calls.

Anyone got the URL/contact?

Curly
 Richard 27 Oct 2004
In reply to psd:

Also for faxes:
http://www.fpsonline.org.uk/fps/

(Although it seems to be blank right now)
grumpytramp 28 Oct 2004
In reply to curlymynci:

I like to send my junk mail back, devoid of any personnal details in the envelope normally provided. Gives me some sad and grim satisfaction that I am wasting their time in having to open it and pay for the postage!
 Matthew B 28 Oct 2004
In reply to grumpytramp:

I like to mix'n'match, so the 35% APR credit company gets the 'You have already won...', and Littlewoods/Kays catalogues get a pen from some religious charity and a Farmfoods flyer.
 AndyJug 28 Oct 2004
In reply to curlymynci:
You've got the details now, and it works, but takes a bit of time to get removed from databases. If you move house do it the day you move. I moved 15 months ago, registered with tel and mail preference service, and have only had one cold calling phone call (this week strangely enough) since moving.
phatfill 28 Oct 2004
In reply to curlymynci:

we're on the preference lists, but yesterday my wife was 'offered' a loan at remarkable 117%APR - apparently she was pre-approved.

i'm not f*cking surprised!
Ronald Manager 28 Oct 2004
In reply to phatfill: PLEASE tell me that there is a decimal point missing somewhere in that rate?
 Trangia 28 Oct 2004
In reply to grumpytramp:
> (In reply to curlymynci)
>
> I like to send my junk mail back, devoid of any personnal details in the envelope normally provided. Gives me some sad and grim satisfaction that I am wasting their time in having to open it and pay for the postage!

I do the same. I also fill the envelope with all the little cut out disks from my desk top hole puncher so that they scatter everywhere when it's opened. Broken up granules of polystyrene packing produces a similar mess and can be a sod to clear up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...