UKC

Sponsor me!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ph1 07 Nov 2004
Lookin to get sponsored. How should i go about this and wat woukld be expected of me should i get a sponsor???
Enoch Cholmondley Warner 07 Nov 2004
In reply to ph1: What am I sponsoring you for? A Three Peaks Charity Challenge? In aid of which charity?
Ricardo Lopez 07 Nov 2004
In reply to ph1:

perhaps if you were good someone might sponser you
 TMM 07 Nov 2004
In reply to ph1:

Hi ph1,

Interested in sponsoring you. My company is pretty small but are selection process is rigorous.

I will sponsor you £4.00 per hour to turn up at my business.

You ask what would be expected if you get a sponsor. My expectations are very basic. I would like you to wear a uniform and ask each customer if they want to super size their meal.

Hope that helps
Ian 07 Nov 2004
In reply to TMM: quality
Iggy_B 07 Nov 2004
Does it involve looking and acting like you don't know what you're doing? I'd be interested in some sponsorship too if that's the case
 GrahamD 08 Nov 2004
In reply to ph1:

Most sponsors expect will expect an ability to communicate coheseively and coherently using the English language. And the potential to be useful to them, of course - do you have any unique talent ?
ph1 08 Nov 2004
In reply to GrahamD: In that case theres no chance
bomb 09 Nov 2004
In reply to ph1:

Tell us why you believe you should be sponsored - seriously I'm interested. What have you done, or what do you do that would have Mammut really wanting you to use their gear?
OP Anonymous 09 Nov 2004
Have you done Chief Wiggum at Caley?
Educated Monkey 09 Nov 2004
In reply to ph1:

you wanker!

get a f**king job like the rest of us you talentless wanabee!
ph1 09 Nov 2004
In reply to Educated Monkey: Hold up, I posted that question seriously to find out what sponsorship was about. All ive had bar one is abuse and piss-taking. F**k you guys. you wont be seeing me on this forum again. bunch of wankers
dark_star 09 Nov 2004
In reply to ph1: Chill , all things considered you got a warm welcome. If you're really after sponsorship you're gonna need a thicker skin than that.
 Tyler 10 Nov 2004
In reply to ph1:

> you wont be seeing me on this forum again

...or dressed head to foot in sponsered gear I suspect.
OP Anonymous 10 Nov 2004
In reply to Tyler: And this is why I lost intrest in this site....dick heads posting crap like this over and over again. Dont you ever get bored of this crap?

The lad came on hear wanting a bit of advice and got shot down....hope that makes you feel good?
Prestonian 10 Nov 2004
In reply to Anonymous:

I think the point that is being put across (albeit harshly) is that asking "how to get sponsored" on an internet forum using appalling English speaks of someone who isn't likely to get sponsored.

Most people on any kind of deal are *offered* sponsorship by the companies after good performances. Hell even Gaskins is sponsored and he never told anyone when he did Hubble! Likewise Mchaffie. Basically if you have to ask for it you are taking the piss.

If it was a genuine request for information from a curious soul (come on!), then using a passable form of English to try and point this out would have sufficed...

GrahamD 10 Nov 2004
In reply to Anonymous:

Just because the feedback he/she received is unpalatable doesn't make it crap. Harsh, maybe, but not crap.
OP Anonymous 10 Nov 2004
In reply to Prestonian: Hang on a second, have you looked at any of the posts by some known sponsored climbers on this site? Their grasp of the English language in written form is pretty bad. I don't think that is an important factor in being sponsored.
Prestonian 10 Nov 2004
In reply to Anonymous:

My point in my first paragraph with regard to the poor English of the OP was the implication that the author of this thread is very young. Young people don't really get sponsored in this country bar free boots. Which are usually offered, not begged for. Apologies to the OP if they aren't young, just retarded.

Chris Fryer 10 Nov 2004
In reply to Anonymous: yet, Mr Anonymous, you keep coming back again and again to tell us how bad this site is.

He could have used a bit of tack and thought instead of coming over alll arrogant and question marky.

Enock AOL Time-Warner Brotherz 10 Nov 2004
In reply to Prestonian:

> Apologies to the OP if they aren't young, just retarded.

That is F*CKING PRICELESS, do you want a sponsorship deal for RT witticisms?

crazydiamond 10 Nov 2004
In reply to ph1:
I don't get the question - does he mean for climbing or for an event?

If it was climbing - then it sounds to me that he climbs for all the wrong reasons - plus i bet he's crap.

And if it was for an event then - we could do with some more info.

In my opinion he sounds like a complete prik - so he should get abused.
In reply to crazydiamond: So doyou, you've replied to 'him', but written about him in the third person.

You Arse!
dark_star 10 Nov 2004
In reply to Enock AOL Time-Warner Brotherz: We're all pricks, but some of us are grazing on mars.
In reply to dark_star: You'd be better of with a flapjack, you get some more slow-release carbs then!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...