UKC

Soft shell trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
robbo1row 12 Nov 2004
Hi all, i am looking at getting a set of soft shell trousers, have narrowed the choice down to 6 makes,

Patagonia M's Mix Master pants
Mountain equipment G2 Ultimate mountain pant
Mac Pac mission pant
Cloudveil mens symmetry soft shell pant
Lowe alpine mutant pant
Mountain hardwear Vertex or Alchemy pant.

Currently i realy like the look of the Patagonia's and the Mountain equipment trousers

Has anyone used any of the above trousers or know where a reveiw of soft shell trousers is, or offer me any insight.

Cheers to all who provide a constructive reply.
Rob
Shaun 12 Nov 2004
In reply to robbo1row: Dave Hunter from rock and run posted some comments in response to a question from me regarding the mixmaster. He rates them highly - rock and run have a really good online shopping system as well so check them out, dont know if anybody in London sells these pants.
Dr U Idh 12 Nov 2004
In reply to robbo1row:

Mate has the Mountain Hardware - Alchemy I think. Just bought a second pair so he'll have some when the first lot wear out. A good enough recommendation?

I got a pair from Mountain Equipment Co-op's own in Vancouver. Schoeller has never been such good value! Been out in them twive and they feel strangely "light" yet warm.
 ben b 12 Nov 2004
In reply to robbo1row: I've warn my wife's (ahem) Mission pants for Scottish winter thrashing, was very impressed by their warmth, breathability and weatherproofness. There's a review of the G2s on Outdoorsmagic.

Dave Hunter's words of wisdom about the Mixmasters are worth reading; as for the others, I've no idea.
 Mark Stevenson 12 Nov 2004
In reply to robbo1row: I've a pair of Mammut Champ Pants and for Alpine use I couldn't rate them highly enough. Absolutely superb.

Same should apply to anything else in the Schoeller dryskin extreme fabric. Awesome stuff.

HTH

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...