UKC

ARC - for yachties

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rubbishy 24 Nov 2004
For the yachties out there - the following is a link to the Atlantic Rally for cruisers.

The former Lady R is onboard Adventure, you can follow them via the website if you are arsed.

I personally find it useful, soon as it sinks I can cash in on the joint mortgages and life assurance.

http://arc.worldcruising.com/en/default.asp?pg=/en/dailylog.asp?

Click on fleet viewr - Adventure is near the bottom at the moment.
In reply to John Rushby:

Interesting site John . . .

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems most other boats are heading SSW from the Start and yet Adventure is heading NNW?

Do they know a short cut that no else is using, or have they opted to use the prevailing wind in a hope of gaining ground later?

It seems they have cover the most distance, but going in the wrong direction?

When are we gonna take a boat out?
OP Rubbishy 24 Nov 2004
In reply to Eskdale massive:

I am not sure why they opted to head north, although the log indicates they headed SSW for a time and this is not shown on the map.

I am trying to work out the met for the area, but it is notoriously difficult to trust a synoptic ofr the Bay of Biscay. Perhaps they hope to get some wind of an advancing low - I need to spend some time figuring it ot.

As for the yacht - I am up for it. at the momement I am waiting for my skipper's clearance to come through fro the army Sailing Assoc. so I can take out a regimental boat. Hopefully we can get out before Crimbo, subject to weather.
In reply to John Rushby:

cool, let me know and we can all go and die at sea . . .
 Panda 24 Nov 2004
In reply to John Rushby: Good site...my personal favourite (and obsession) is www.globalchallenge2004.com/en... (bro is racing!).

I am not into sailing but everyone I meet at the moment says i'd love it (probably a bias crowd I'm interested in right now!) so I think I'll have to give it a shot!
OP Rubbishy 25 Nov 2004
In reply to Panda:

I have not been keeping up wuith the global challenge, I sulked after Challenge took over the Classic Malts from Clyde Cruising Club but relented enough to look at the ARC.

The Vendee is running at the moment as well, not that you would know, the beeb are too busy running 3 hours of snooker a night.

hope your bro enjoys the "experience".

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...