UKC

Exped members for Alaska and Greenland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
matt s 04 Feb 2002
We're heading out to Greenland and Alaska (and trying to spend most of the season there!!) this year. There are currently still places available on several of the expeditions that we've organised. We've sorted out the logistics but the trips are non-guided.

April- E. Greenland. Using dog sleds over the sea ice to base camp, from where we're attempting a range of unclimbed objectives on the ice cap.

June- Alaska, Little Swiss- Ski planes onto the Pika glacier, then attempting new alpine and rock routes from a basecamp.

July/August- E Greenland. based on the ice cap for summer rock, skiing and alpine routes.

July/August- Near area as described above, but on the coast. A series of big walls with lots of free climbing potential.

October- E. Greenland. Another cold weather trip. Not as snowy as late winter. Good mixed new route potential.

If you're interested, email or phone me on 0774 0677 907 and I can send photos of our objectives, time scales, costs etc.

Cheers

Matt
nickk 12 Feb 2002
In reply to matt s: Please send me ingo on the dog sled exped.
Thanks
Timbo 12 Feb 2002
In reply to matt s:

Please send me info on all you've got
Ken2000 15 Feb 2002
In reply to matt s: Very Interested, please send me details, Thank you!
Flipper 17 Feb 2002
In reply to matt s: interested also..more info plz
Ben s 01 Mar 2002
In reply to matt s:Hi Matt,
Sorry didn't see your message when you first posted it. Saw Al Powell's lecture on Greenlandic winter climbing. Looks fantastic!!! If not too late please send me info on the April exped to Greenland.
Thanks
Ben
OP Emily 12 Mar 2002
In reply to matt s: Please can you send me some info on the summer trips.
999 14 Mar 2002
In reply to Timbo: you could always watch 999 rescue where Matt has to call out for a helicopter - when failing to rope up and his girlfriend fell. Highly recomend guided trips for Greenland to get the most out it, unless you know what you are doing.
Phil Naybour 25 Mar 2002
In reply to matt s: Please send me details of the summer trips

Phil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...