UKC

Peru & Insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ScottMackenzie 12 Dec 2004
Hi, I'm looking for an insurance policy for mountaineering in Peru - below 6500m. Our trip will last 3 months, and include travelling around a bit as well as climbing.

The BMC has AlpineSki insurance that looks ideal - best value for money is just a year round policy I think (£215).

For people who have been to the Andes - what insurance did you use?

Regards.
Scott.
 HP 12 Dec 2004
In reply to Scott_M@c: I used snowcard. The advantage with them for me was that I wasn't going to be climbing all the time, so didn't want to pay climbing rates all the time. Travelled around a bit too which isn't so dangerous. Have a look at their site - I think it's snowcard.com.
 Helen R 12 Dec 2004
In reply to Scott_M@c:
Depends if you are going to mountaineer, if thats the purpose of the trip.
If not, i used STA top level insurance ("premier"level i think), which covers you for an incredible amount of things including being over 3500m and mountaineering, they just shouldn't be the purpose of the trip. Worked out at about a pound a day for me for a 12 month trip.
H
In reply to

Yeah the trip is mostly mountaineering, but we will be travelling towards the end as well. We'll not be climbing above 6500m.

Scott,
In reply to HP:

How did you have cover for when you were, and were not climbing? Did you use two policies?

Scott.
Steve James 12 Dec 2004
In reply to Scott_M@c: I used the BMC. World wide, climbing & trekking. Sound. Cheapish and they paid out on my camera which was nicked at the airport on my last day.
In reply to Steve James:

Cool thanks - I reckon that'll be the one. The BMC seemed cheaper than snowcard.

Btw did you loose all your pictures?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...