UKC

Climber Magazine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
wankerfrombelfastneverusedthisb4 08 Feb 2002
I have a question about Climber Magazine @ http;//ww.rockrun.com/shop/prod.html?...blah blah blah. blatant advertising.

would there be a darling climber out there who has a copy of the feb 1998 (i think-(read on)) and would send it to a fellow climber (who would give said donater a coupla' quid) 'cos he desperately wants it for the only good article he has ever seen, in it, about 'point five gully'.
(breath...)

p.s. any persons kind enough to think they can help me out will have to send me an em@il to jonnyallen007@hotmail.com 'cos i'll forget to check the banter within 5 seconds of sending this!

p.p.s. to all the buggers thinking 'shit, there's an article in feb 98 of climber about point five gully, i should try and find one quick and keep it for myself.'
YAAA BOO! - I asked 1st!don't try and get anyone who offers, to send it to you first!

p.p.p.s. whow!... gettin' cynical again. better go.
(LOL)
Simon h 08 Feb 2002
In reply to wankerfrombelfastneverusedthisb4: i've just looked through a copy of feb 98 climber and there's no article about point 5!
wankefrombelfastnowhasusedthisb4 08 Feb 2002
In reply to Simon h:
CRAP! i knew i'd probably have got the issue wrong. lemme go check(i wrote it down somewhere!)............double crap! i can't find where i wrote it down. well...i'll get back to you when i find it. however, knowing my level of stupidity i probably had you looking in the wrong mag!
ciao.
thanks for posting.
irish george 08 Feb 2002
In reply to wankerfrombelfastneverusedthisb4
do you want the article because you want to climb point 5 - i did it some years ago ( on 3rd attempt!) and have some insight into the challenge of this route.
ice monkey 08 Feb 2002
In reply to wankerfrombelfastneverusedthisb4: well let me see ah yes here it is January 1998 point five gully mmmmmmmmmmmmm mint condition aswell, tell you what I will scan it in save it as a jpeg and e-mail to you will that do ?
wankefrombelfastnowhasusedthisb4 09 Feb 2002
In reply to irish george:
yes pleeease! (to all the unspoken promises above (your gonna gimme your 'insight' ) )
In reply to ice monkey:
i love ya ice monkey! (so long as you do send it!). i don't know ya or even know if your a hot chick :- but i still love ya!
In reply to ice monkey:
so it was jan 98. "DOH!-(echos repeatedly untill it fades away)". sorry 'simon h'. musta had ya on a right wild goose chase there on fri(or did you look it up on thurs when i posted!(real late!).
In reply to wankerfrombelfastneverusedthisb4:

Y'ALL.

ice climber( oops! wrong. sorry! lol) ICE MONKEY was kind enough to reply by email suggesting i just do a search for 'point five' on the home page(uk climbiing)
the following was my reply to him(/her?) (it might answer the the questions some of of you are thinking-'why does he want/have to have the mag').enjoy.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
----Original Message F..
To: jonnyalle...
Subject: poi...
Date: Fr...

see uk climbing

(jonny-brain deads reply)
good thinkin' batman.(muchos grassy-ass). lemme go look at that a sec...........naw, nice try though. I'll tell you why i wanted the mag. it's the 1st time i've seen an article on it with the photo that has that all important caption. ''THIS IS THE CRUX PITCH'' !! (well....not the exact words, but yo know what i mean). That to me is what i'm looking for, 'cos it says to me (personally) 'ok. dreamer. this is the crux pitch you've been wanting to check out: :- do ya still think ya can do it.'
anyway....i'm still lookin' for that blasted diary where i wrote the (definately) right issue down, i promise. so i'll put it out there(the forum) as soon as find it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

p.p.p.p.s. i just thought of a brill comp oppurtunity(i dinni spell that right, sure i didn't). £100 for the smarty pants that gets it! .well 'ere it is :- "how did i see this article if i (obviously) don't have the mag" (tv host type voice)
IIIIII repeattttt. "how did i see this article if i (obviously) don't have the mag" HINTS :- i was in fortwilly (oops!) last w/end. i had a (battered) copy in my gubby hands.I was under a roof at the time(and 5 mins from going to bed). BUT..... the roof was not a shop's or mine(since i do not live there). but it was with a (very) random collection of other mags.
SPOILER CLUE WILL BE PROVIDED IF ANY ONE WANTS IT. 'cos i konw there is def a handfull of people who have stayed (cough!-hin!t) in f'willy that will def be able to work out the answer if i provide it.

p.p x10.s sparky! if you see this out there and try to answer it under an anonononymush( damn-never can spell that) name, i'll kick your ass on tue night when i see you.
ice monkey 09 Feb 2002
In reply to wankefrombelfastnowhasusedthisb4: I am haveing trouble sending you the article plus photos it just gets returned to me do you have another e-mail address
OP Anonymous 09 Feb 2002
In reply to wankefrombelfastnowhasusedthisb4: to hell with this ! I will send you the magazine just e-mail me your address. At least i have the artical on my pc
In reply to Anonymous:
Anonymous? why did you want be anonynous ice monkey(oops!..ah well..the cats out of the bag..(lol!) ) as for my my address..mmmm...thanks for the offer, but untill i know ya better (lol) you'd best send it here.

my work,
304 Upper Newtownards Rd
Belfast,
bt4 3eu

p.s. i you trust me and include a/your return address i might remember to send ya somethin' (lots of dirty knickers. har har har/(lol) )
ice monkey 09 Feb 2002
In reply to wankefrombelfastnowhasusedthisb4: Fine !!!!!!!! as for anonymous! I just forgot to put my name in
Ice monkey
wankefrombelfastnowhasusedthisb4 10 Feb 2002
In reply to ice monkey:
relax!( don't do it..!). i was only joking! that wasn't the real reason i gave you that address. i was just using it as an oppurtunity to wind you up!
that address is actually where i get people to send most of my impotant mail sent at the minute, 'cos i'm temporarily living at an address i wouldn't consider my permanent one(and i don't want mail to keep coming to it when i go back my old house when its rebuilt..blah..blah.)
OP the blue max 10 Feb 2002
In reply to wankerfrombelfastneverusedthisb4:

All said and done it's still a vastly overrated and mundane plod -what's the fuss.
wankefrombelfastnowhasusedthisb4 10 Feb 2002
In reply to the blue max:
oh!.. SOMEBODY shoot this guy!( or at LEAST tell me where he lives.(evil chuckleling) ).
do you wear red pants on top blue pyjamas or somethin' mate? if not then tell how many times you've gifted it, Mr.Kent. eh!? EH!?( 0.5)

(assume aled jones type voice)"there's something in the air....." .
(back to 'jack black' sarcastic f*&ker voice) " yeah there is....and it smells like a nervous fart! and hey!.. it smells of 'max'imum 'blue' flavour!.."

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...