UKC

DMM Revolution krab and twin ropes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Liathac 13 Jan 2005
Being a believer in minimising as much risk as possible I replaced all the krabs on my charlet screamers (at quite considerable expense) with DMM revolution krabs, you know the wee fellas with the revolving bearing to give a kind of dynamic belay. I however use "twin" 7.6mm ropes and havent a clue how suitable these are. Informed opinion with solid background evidence (including references!) gratefully recieved
 Blinder 13 Jan 2005
In reply to Liathac: mug
Liathac 13 Jan 2005
In reply to Blinder: short, succinct and to the point, however you could have sweetend the blow just a tad
SI A 13 Jan 2005
In reply to Liathac:

your not a mug mate. ive done the same as it definatly reduces the impact force on the screws, dodgy pegs etc.

everyone will be doing iot soon bloody good idea those revolvers
 gwilym 13 Jan 2005
surely having two ropes passing through the krab will mean that neither sit cleanly on the pulley? so whats the point?
 TobyA 13 Jan 2005
In reply to Liathac: Why do you use twin ropes?
Liathac 13 Jan 2005
In reply to TobyA: my climbing partner and I use twin 7.6mm ropes because we can split the weight equally between the two of us on walk ins, as we have twin 60's we can have 60m abb offs. amazingly light, stronger than a single and perform better in a sharp edge test
Liathac 13 Jan 2005
In reply to gwilym: thats what i was wondering, how the twin ropes were going to behave as they surely wouldnt sit well on the pulley, I may take all the krabs off my screamers when using the twins and just use them when usinga single 11mm
 TobyA 14 Jan 2005
In reply to Liathac: I really meant why did you pick twin ropes over normal half ropes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...