UKC

sealskinz socks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mark1984 26 Jan 2005
hello, i haved a pair of sportiva trango s original sans gore text liner. they water repellant howver my feet have been wet in the before. do you reckon pairing them with some sealskinz mid socks would be a goos idea for winter mountaineering in scotlan. never used sealskinz before what they like, alternatevely should i just buy some yeti style gaitors

cheers mark
OP mark1984 26 Jan 2005
In reply to mark1984: hallooo
 CJD 26 Jan 2005
In reply to mark1984:

do a search on the forums for sealskinz, people were discussing this relatively recently.
Pat Terdale 26 Jan 2005
In reply to mark1984: I use sealskins over a pair of wool socks inside my non Goretex Trango S boots. Works well for me.
OP mark1984 26 Jan 2005
In reply to Pat Terdale: how thick were the wool socks you used?
do you reckon they would be better than some yeti gaitors in long run
Pat Terdale 26 Jan 2005
In reply to mark1984: Just a normal pair of Brigedale wool socks. The sealskins don't seem to make any difference to the comfort inside the boot, hardly seem to take up space. I wear wool socks because there isn't an awful lot of retained warmth in sealskins, and they are not as comfy against the skin. Never used Yeti gaitors, but normally wear Paramo pants. So far this winter have had no problems with wet feet, or any real discomfort. That combination seems to work just fine for me.
OP mark1984 26 Jan 2005
In reply to Pat Terdale: so was it the lightweight or mid weight you went for
 Schmiken 26 Jan 2005
I went for mid weights, and they are really waterproff, so your feet will stay dry unless it's warm. They're not amazingly breathable, but do the job nicely in colder weather.
OP mark1984 26 Jan 2005
In reply to Schmiken: cool thanks all

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...