UKC

BMC/MCofS Winter International Meet - Hosts still needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ian Hey 02 Feb 2005
The BMC is still looking for a small number of extra hosts to join in the fun at the upcoming International Meet. If you are an experienced Winter Mountaineer leading to a minimum of grade 3 and confident of your ability to navigate in the worst that Scotland can throw at you and are keen to be involved please contact ianhey@thebmc.co.uk. There are places for the whole week but it would also be good to hear from folk who are able to Host for just the first few days.

Over 20 national federations have accepted our invitation to send climbers to the meet, which will be based at Glenmore Lodge from 27th February to 6th March.
Amongst the guests will be some high-performing climbers including;
Erik Svab (Italy) – 2nd ascent in 2000 of the 1987 Fowler/Saunders route on the Golden Pillar of Spantik.
Steve House (USA) – 2nd ascent in 2004 of K7 (6942m) solo by a new route, with difficulties of 5.10, A2 and M6+.
Kelly Cordes (USA) – first ascent in 2004 of the SW ridge of Great Trango Tower, which at 7400ft is the longest rock climb in the world.

It will be interesting to see what they make of Scottish mountaineering, but no doubt the hosts, including Ian Parnell and Dave Hesleden will be kept busy.
OP Ian Hey 08 Feb 2005
In reply to Ian Hey:
I've had a couple of Hosts drop out at last minute so if you fancy a week of climbing amidst a fantastic supportive atmosphere and the chance to be inspired and make new freinds then dancing yourself silly at the final night dance party before finally collapsing into an exahausted sleep please contact me at ianhey@thebmc.co.uk as soon as possible.
 Norrie Muir 08 Feb 2005
In reply to Ian Hey:
> (In reply to Ian Hey)
> I've had a couple of Hosts drop out at last minute so if you fancy a week of climbing amidst a fantastic supportive atmosphere and the chance to be inspired and make new freinds then dancing yourself silly at the final night dance party before finally collapsing into an exahausted sleep please contact me at ianhey@thebmc.co.uk as soon as possible.

Dear Ian

Sorry to hear that some have dropped out, I hope nothing serious happened to them.

I can't make it as I have the stamina to dance all night and still make it onto the hill without collapsing exhausted, so I would qualify as a "Host".

Norrie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...