UKC

World Dyno thingy on planetfear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Iggy_B 09 Feb 2005
Does anyone know what the dyno record is?
 Kate 09 Feb 2005
In reply to Iggy_B: I think it was 2.7m
 Big Steve 09 Feb 2005
In reply to Kate:
The current (according to Guinness) record is:
Male: The furthest distance achieved in Dyno climbing is 2.600 m (8.530 ft) by Matt Heason (UK) at the Bendcrete Dyno Competition held at the Edge Climbing Centre, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England on 20 April 2002 . Female: The furthest distance achieved in Dyno climbing is 1.900 m (6.233 ft) by Katherine Schirrmacher(UK) at the Bendcrete Dyno Competition held at the Edge Climbing Centre, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England on 20 April 2002.

The current (yet to be confirmed by Guinness) record is:
On or about the 18-Nov-2004 Stefan Hadfield of New Zealand beat the current world dyno record. The competition was the second organised in New Zealand using the official record format, and all was legitimate. At the first comp, back in July, he came close to equaling the record. But on Saturday, he not only equaled it but went another ten centimetres to 2.70m. The competition was run by the New Zealand Sportclimbing Federation. The womens record of 1.9m was also equalled.
 zoobizooretta 09 Feb 2005
In reply to Big Steve:

I don't get the bedcrete wall thing, as it's set up for left handed dyno's only... should be able to jump either left or right, as i catch better with my right hand...
graeme alderson 10 Feb 2005
In reply to zoobizooretta: Tough Steve!!
Iggy_B 10 Feb 2005
In reply to zoobizooretta: Yep it'd be nice if it was straight up
graeme alderson 10 Feb 2005
In reply to Iggy_B: Blame the French as the rules are based on the old Fabtor Trophy that was developed in the mid 90's. I used these rules for the dyno comp that we held at Climb'01 which was run by Big Matt, who used the rules to set up the Bendcrete comp.
 zoobizooretta 10 Feb 2005
In reply to graeme alderson:

Cheers Graeme... there should be a choice, a left, right and straight up hold..all radiating from the starting hold.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...