UKC

Andy Kirkpatrick's Infinity rope review in Climb

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jonathan T 12 Feb 2005
In the first issue of Climb, Andy Kirkpatrick says "Infinity ropes are brand new and a sort of offshoot from Wild country (although they'd prefer you didn't know this)..".
Yet in the same issue there's an advert for Infinity and it's reasonably obvious that it's a Wild Country company. There's also an insert from Wild Country which makes it clear that they own Infinity. What's the reason for Kirkpatrick's statement then?
Dave Hunter, Rock + Run 12 Feb 2005
In reply to Jonathan T:

Just an off the cuff remark I suspect. Probably stemming from the fact that WC are keen to have Infinity as a distinct brand. Kind of like the Red Chilli situation (but not exactly).

Nothing sinister
andy kirkpatrick 12 Feb 2005
In reply to Jonathan T:

Hi

Just thought I'd clear this up. Nothing mysterous here, it's just that I didn't know how Wild Country would market these ropes (which look very good), as I wrote the review two months before the magazine came out, and I thought they would try and present Infinity as a totally seperate brand, and I though that if people knew what lay behind them then they'd have a better idea about the ropes qualities, as there is a history of rope brands cropping up that prehaps don't come some such a good background.

Cheers

Andy
OP Jonathan T 12 Feb 2005
In reply to andy kirkpatrick: Thanks for the reply.
 Jenn 12 Feb 2005
In reply to Dave Hunter, Rock + Run:
> (In reply to Jonathan T)
>
> Kind of like the Red Chilli situation.

<Actually TRNovice> What's that then? </Actually TRNovice>
Anonymous 12 Feb 2005
In reply to Jenn:
Red Chili is effectively Wild Country, eg. if you want to send something back to Rec Chili for a defect or something the address is Wild Country. Not sure if its an offshoort of WC or something theyve bought or what, of even if they are just the uk distributors - thats possibel since red chili seem to have their own places in europe i think.

Si dH
 TRNovice 12 Feb 2005
In reply to Anonymous:

The RC website has a link to WC and visa versa. But then the WC website also has a link to DMM. I had heard that some WC and DMM products were made in the same factory, but was unaware of any deeper link. This is all so confusing!!!
 TRNovice 12 Feb 2005
In reply to TRNovice:

That was meant to be "vice" not "visa" :-o
 Iain@CragX 13 Feb 2005
In reply to Jenn: WC are the UK distributors of Red Chilli.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...