UKC

Jack Wolfskin V's Terra Nova

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mr Bump 31 Mar 2005
I'm looking at a new text and was going to get myself a nice new Terra Nova Voyager, yeah I know the poles on TN tents can be dodgy but I haven't had problems in the past with them. But I have been looking around and had a look at Jack wolfskin (JWS) tents, I've never had any dealing with them in the past. Can anyone offer any advice or had any +ve or -ve feedback for JWS tents !

Cheers
chris tan LI 31 Mar 2005
In reply to Mr Bump:

I've got a 12 year old Termite that survive a few Lundy gales, blown over a barbed wire fench, etc. It is patched with gaffer tape and has had a few poles replaced by JWS. It still has a good few years life left.

Impressions: Well made tents with carefully thought-out features ( like doors fall into the tent when open as opposed to lying on the floor to be stepped on). Good customer service
 TRJ 31 Mar 2005
In reply to Mr Bump: I've never had any problems with my TN Ultra Quasar, in all the time I've owned it. Really can't fault the kit - best tents in the world, I reckon.

Haven't any experience of JW tents, but based on their other gear, I imagine the Terra Nova is a better bet.

The Voyager is a classic, but if you want other alternatives, I hear the new ME Dragonfly is also great: -

http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/tents/dragonfly.html
paul lake 31 Mar 2005
In reply to Mr Bump: Howdy. Jack Wolfskin openned a store in Banff a few years ago. 12 months later they were out of business. Didn't know they they were still operating. Good luck. pl.
 Dr Fran 31 Mar 2005
In reply to Mr Bump:
Why would you want to sleep in anything with paw prints on it? Likewise the MH nut. I decline pollute the countryside with advertising and so in my book TN always win. Plus after a couple of uses and they look plain and old and uninteresting to thieves. Brilliant
rwheller 04 Apr 2005
In reply to Dr Fran:

I have a Jack Wolfskin tent and it fantastic! Never any problems and it top quality. I would recomend them to anybody. All JAck Wolfskin gear is good quality.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...