UKC

Summer Greenland Expedition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Matt Sp 11 Apr 2005
Hi,
Just back from East Greenland. Ski toured into a range of peaks not previously explored before. I found a series of beautiful gneiss rock walls, 200- 800m high, as well as a load of classic alpine peaks. I'm thinking about heading out there this summer to attempt the walls and summits. If you are seriously interested, please drop me a line on my email address and I can provide you with more info.
Thanks
Matt
 Ali 11 Apr 2005
In reply to Matt Sp: Just out of interest which part of East Greenland were you in? Am already off there on an expedition this summer but would be interested to hear your opinions on the mountains etc.
Matt Sp 12 Apr 2005
In reply to Matt Sp:
Hi Ali,
We were in the area accessed from Kulusuk. I've been out there quite alot. There are some very beautiful ranges. If you need any info, give me shout on my email address.
Cheers
Matt
Duncan Morrison 12 Apr 2005
In reply to Matt Sp: Matt,

Havent been in contact for ages, i would be keen on greenland later in the summer after i get back from peru.
Sending you an email

Cheers

Duncan
 Dave 12 Apr 2005
In reply to Matt Sp:

I thought most of the ranges accessible from Kulusuk had been pretty thoroughly gone through by now as its easy to get to compared to most other places in E.Greenland. Which bit were you in? Were you based at the Tasilaq hut?

Dave
Matt Sp 14 Apr 2005
In reply to Duncan Morrison:
Hi Duncan,
Good to hear from you. Looking at an awesome set of walls about 60 km north of Kulusuk. Will be working out in Greenland this summer, then really want to get climbing! The basecamp looks incredible- in the middle of a huge valley, surrounded by big peaks and walls, with glaciers flowing almost to the camp. Seems there's a load of things to go at, right from classic, easy rock and peaks to much stiffer lines. There's a team building, so it seems the trip's a goer!! I'll email you with details etc.
Cheers
Matt
In reply to Matt Sp:

Hi

Im looking at heading there in a few years. Dont suppose you can provide me with any websites i can get info about mountaineering in greenland and organising expeditions there?

cheers
 JR 14 Apr 2005
In reply to OopzISlippedAgain:

tangent expeditions -> google
 Ali 15 Apr 2005
In reply to OopzISlippedAgain: I'm organising an expedition there with friends this summer - drop me an email if you want any info
Hamish Waring 15 Apr 2005
In reply to JR:

Also recommend Paul Walker at Tangent Exped. -

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...