UKC

Ellis Brigham Climber's Club

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mike Jones 14 Apr 2005
Has anyone joined the Ellis Brigham Climber's Club think you get 10% of all hardwear in store?
 2pints 14 Apr 2005
In reply to mike Jones:

Hmm, I'd be interested if they give you a discount...

How do you join then?The b*stards don't give a discount to anyone!Not YHA/NUS/BMC!
 Simon Caldwell 14 Apr 2005
In reply to mike Jones:
10% discount should bring the prices almost down to what everyone else charges then
 Wibble Wibble 14 Apr 2005
In reply to 2pints:

They're not especially cheap, or good, so just shop somewhere else that gives BMC or other discount. They can shove their 'climbers club' whatever it is.
Stormmagnet 14 Apr 2005
In reply to mike Jones: They are basically a ski shop these days, might as well go somewhere else that will give you BMC discount.
 2pints 14 Apr 2005
In reply to mike Jones:
Nope, no discount still!

Also, anyone got a suunto vector watch-Any good?Does it look ok under a shirt etc?Is it waterproof enough to wear in shower and stuff?How accurate is the altimeter?
OP Anonymous 14 Apr 2005
In reply to 2pints:

It's bulky and doesn't sit well under shirt cuffs. It is very waterproof (i've happily worn mine when swimming a number of times) and the altimeter is based on barometric pressure, so its accuracy depends entirely on what the pressure is doing, but that's how every wrist-mounted altimeter works, so it's no better or worse than any other I'd imagine, I've certainly never had any problems.

Victim of Mathematics
 sutty 14 Apr 2005
In reply to 2pints:

>s it waterproof enough to wear in shower

Do you normally time yourself in the shower, if so could I recommend a very good egg timer that works in most places.

you can also look on the local OS map to find the alitude of your shower within 20ft, of course the wearing it with a shirt and wondering if it looks good means you must be a very well dressed walker, with creases in your ron hills
 2pints 14 Apr 2005
In reply to mike Jones:

Thanks for that Sutty, Im just a gear freak *sigh*, I like my toys, 'cept GPS which I think is a bit over-rated.Just in need of a nice watch, that makes me look a bit more extreme-I find mountaineeering gives me somet to talk about with the opposite sex...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...