UKC

Walsh's for Skye ridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ann 22 Apr 2005
Have been doing the Skye ridge in parts over last 4 years and always wear a pair of Walsh 'Raids'. They are superb for comfort and grip but left the ankles a little unprotected when going up/down scree runs.

As I live in Bolton I popped into the Walsh factory last Monday and they have just made me a pair of Raids in boot format, (personally delivered to my door on Friday) so if you see someone flying like winged Mercury across the Cuillin at the end of May it'll be me.

Bloody brill service.
wildcountryfriend 22 Apr 2005
In reply to Ann:

will they do this again, or was it just a one off 'speshil', just for you?

I've ALWAYS wanted walsh to make a boot version.

how much were they ann?

happy cuillin yompin'!
In reply to Ann:

How much did they charge? Where is the Walsh factory?
 Ann S 22 Apr 2005
In reply to wildcountryfriend:

Cost was £65 (incl VAT) and they will do a pair for anyone interested as they make them on the same last as the PB. Look on their web-site and you can see a pic of their boot version of the PB (the blue fell running shoe.) You could order them by e.mail - just let them know your size and they will post 'em out.

Ann S 22 Apr 2005
In reply to Alison Stockwell:

Walsh are now at Park Hill Road in a small factory unit just off Chorley New Road, Bolton, where it joins Chorley Old Road. They have a display area where I think it is also possible to pick up seconds. I even got a choice of the fabric;stiffer version or softer 'felt' version which is what I opted for.

Well worth £65. Now if I can just find some wings to go with them...
In reply to Ann:

Thanks Ann. Interesting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...