UKC

Tea or Coffee?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
RichSand 25 Apr 2005
Are you a laid back tea drinker or a caffine high coffee drinker? Why is it that builders drink tea and office works drink coffee? Is it possible to like both?
 Kate 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand: I don't like either.
 nz Cragrat 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand:

There is coffee and coffee. or should I say coffee and espresso and they are not the same.

Tea is Satans brew.

Espresso is black gold. Amen.Heaven.The only thing I could worship.
 Bokonon 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand:

Coffee makes me sick, Tea (orange preferably) is the way forward.
 eduardo 26 Apr 2005
In reply to Bokonon:

I'm not sure that "Tea (orange preferably)" counts as tea at all.
 Bokonon 26 Apr 2005
In reply to eduardo:
> (In reply to Bokonon)
>
> I'm not sure that "Tea (orange preferably)" counts as tea at all.

Bothered.
RichSand 26 Apr 2005
In reply to Bokonon: What's orange tea? Is it the same as herbal teas which are basically just coloured water!
Matt Wilson 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand:

> the same as herbal teas which are basically just coloured water!

No, you're thinking about all teas, including tea. Whereas coffee is as has previously been mentioned, the drink of choice for all people who have a brain.

And people that drink herbal tea or orange tea or green tea or purple tea don't count as people who have a brain. Fekking hippies, all of 'em.
Ady Short 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand: I only drink Tea at home, often without milk and I only drink coffee at work, probably keeps me awake!
mtr 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand: I like both! I'm drinking coffee now cos I need to wake up, but will have tea at my ten o'clock break. Three cheers for hot beverages.
 Bokonon 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand:
> (In reply to Bokonon) What's orange tea? Is it the same as herbal teas which are basically just coloured water!

No, normal tea (Yorkshire preferably) that has been left to stew long enough to make it orange.
 Marc C 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand: Tea. About 10 cups a day....the declline of tea drinking and the spread of coffee-drinking is very very disturbing.
 Tiggs 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand: Tea! The new Twinings refreshing tea is rather nice (heavy on the darjeeling in the blend I think) and I had my first cup of White tea yesterday - v delicate.
Matt Wilson 26 Apr 2005
In reply to Tiggs:
> I had my first cup of White tea yesterday - v delicate.

I presume it was drunk through bone china so thin you could see through it...? And how is any one tea more delicate than another?
 Tiggs 26 Apr 2005
In reply to Matt Wilson: No it was in a china mug though Best way to understand delicacy with tea is to try different types. A cup of Assam is gutsy and quite strong made with small black tea leaves, Darjeeling on the other hand is light in colour and flavour - the leaves are bigger and greener. White tea (so I understand is made using the just the very tips of the young leaf, its much, much lighter than green tea in flavour.
Mick's Daughter @ Work 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand:

I like both but I never make either. I have two cappucinos bought for me every day by my boss and if I go to my parents, my mother drowns me in tea but when I'm at home I only drink cold drinks.
Hotbad Peteel 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand:

In front of me, just before I reach the keyboard is a mug of hot green tea with 2 sugars. To my right i an espresso machine thats never been used. I've stopped drinking anything with caffeine in as it screws me up too much
P
RichSand 26 Apr 2005
In reply to Hotbad Peteel: What the... Green tea and two sugars? Are you sure?
 CJD 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand:

I like coffee but you can't beat a nice cup o' tea.

speaking of which...

<wanders off>
Aimee Dean 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand:

I tend to drink more coffee than tea at work, but due to knowing lots of people with a tea addiction I rarely touch it outside of the office.

Herbal and fruit teas are minging! Yuk!
oxbloke 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand:

Coffee, mmmmmm! Pref freshly ground and made with a caffetier. Oh and needs to be fair trade.

Drink fresh coofee at home but do drink instant at work and the odd cup of tea. Although I much prefer chinese tea.
RichSand 26 Apr 2005
In reply to Aimee Dean:

.. Herbal and fruit teas are minging! Yuk!

I agree you're better off drinking hot cordial, much nicer.
Aimee Dean 26 Apr 2005
In reply to RichSand:

> I agree you're better off drinking hot cordial, much nicer.

Or just coffee?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...