UKC

MSR SuperFly

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
M. Conradie 28 Apr 2005
I am a hiker, mountaineer and traveler. I have a MSR Wisperlite International, but need a gas stove that will function quicker and be able work on most types of gas canisters.

I am very interested in a MSR Super fly stove, which claims it will work on any gas bottle types. Someone told me that the screw type gas bottle can not be used on any stove and that the propane / benzene mixtures is different for all the different makes of stoves. And the different types thread will also be a problem.

Can anyone give advice on there personal experience with this stove and name the different makes of gas bottles it will be able to use?
satori 28 Apr 2005
In reply to M. Conradie:

this stove takes just about all canisters - as long as they are classed as resealable.
ie. not the old pierceable campinggaz canisters.

have used with msr threaded (same as epigas fitting) + campingaz resealable.
 KA 28 Apr 2005
In reply to M. Conradie: Thought about getting a pocket rocket due to its weight, but after careful thought, figured I d rather pay a little extra, and sacrifice a little weight for the more powerful and versatile superfly.

Bill Ford-Smith 29 Apr 2005
In reply to KA:

As far as I know, the Superfly is the only stove that will run on the standard threaded resealables (MSR, Coleman, Go Systems, Primus etc) *and* the Camping Gaz resealables...
 gear boy 29 Apr 2005
In reply to M. Conradie: used it with lots of different cartridges, never had one not work yet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...