UKC

Kilnsey and Gordale conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Boy Global Crag Moderator 09 May 2005
Has anyone been to have a look at either recently? The streaks at Malham seemed to have receded a lot this weekend and I was wondering if it was dry enough to start climbing at the other big two yet.
 Ian Patterson 09 May 2005
In reply to Boy:

We were at Kilnsey last weekend - a lot of it had wet patches, we managed to climb on Alternative Optional Extra and Fifty for Five. According to someone else it had been a lot drier a couple of days early. I guess it should be a good bit better now (we were at Malham yesterday and most stuff was in good nick) and with a dry forecast for the week should be improving all the time.
 Andy Farnell 09 May 2005
In reply to Ian Patterson: Did you get Serious Young Toads?

Andy F
Tim Lowe 09 May 2005
In reply to Boy:

Yesterday evening Kilnsey was in the best condition yet this year. There are loads of routes that are dry enough to do now and the bouldering is in good condition too. It's dry and sunny but with a cool breeze blowing in up here in the Dales this morning. A few more dry days should further improve the situation

Tim
 Ian Patterson 09 May 2005
In reply to andy farnell:

No, reminded myself of the moves and had a couple of half serious attempts to redpoint it. Did it two overlapping halves without much rest after falling so quite happy - should get it next visit with a bit of luck. Would be keen to get back next weekend.
 Andy Farnell 09 May 2005
In reply to Ian Patterson: If I have transport by then I'll be up for joining you.

Andy F
 Simon Caldwell 09 May 2005
In reply to Boy:
We drove past Kilnsey on Saturday evening and there were two teams climbing.
OP Boy Global Crag Moderator 09 May 2005
In reply to Boy: Cheers all. Any idea about Gordale? When does it usually dry out in relation to Malham and Kilnsey? Is it the last to come? Also do some of the routes come in well before others? Most interested in the Cave route and Deliverance areas. Tah.
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 09 May 2005
In reply to Boy: Don't rush and be first one on the Cave Routes. They are always dusty dirty at the top early in the season. Wait until June/July to ensure that they have had some traffic.
Serpico 09 May 2005
In reply to Boy: Cave route's iffy as it's a drainage line, Supercool is pretty reliable though. I've not been this year, but I've heard Defcon and Pierrepoint are dry.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...