UKC

DMM Truclip quickdraw has loose sling

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rascalxx 11 May 2005
On my existing Truclip quickdraws, which are a few years old, the sling is a snug fit against both krabs, keeping them correctly orientated.

Yesterday I purchased five more Truclips from an online shop. They arrived today, but the sling loop at the straight krab end is about 3cm in diameter. This looseness allows the straight krab to easily rotate so that the wide end (or even the gate) could be in the sling.

The shop is happy to give me a refund, but I what do you guys think about the loose slings?
 Si dH 11 May 2005
In reply to rascalxx: They're designed like that on purpose. The point is that the yallow the krab to move about more at the gear-end of the quickdraw, so its less likely to disturb the placement, which could eg. make a cam walk or a pull a nut out sideways, etc.
rascalxx 11 May 2005
In reply to Si dH: Ohhh I see. That makes sense, thank you. I need to get out more, most of my climbing is in the gym. The few occasions I've climbed outside have been on bolted routes or top-roping on sandstone.

For bolted routes though, I think I still prefer quickdraws with a tight sling. But I guess it doesn't make any real difference at the end of the day.
 JDDD 11 May 2005
In reply to rascalxx: You used to be able to buy little rubber things that sorted this problem out. Alternatively you could just tape them. However, it isn't really the end of the world if your krab ends up the wrong way round. You just put it right and clip it as normal. Adds about 2 seconds to the climbing experience!

When I come to replace my slings, I will be buying longer ones which will double as either long or short quickdraws and the krabs will likely dance all over the place.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...