UKC

slipstones

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jas wood 12 May 2005
anyone agree that this place is one of / if not THE best venue in yorkshire for bouldering and therefore the country !! (lol)

agree with me or in the grand scale is it not that popular/good.

Chris Fryer 13 May 2005
In reply to jas wood: It's a grand spot, but shouting about how good it is will only impact further on parking and erosion problems. Try to give it a lower profile with all the recent publicity about it.
hugedyno 13 May 2005
In reply to jas wood:

Cheers, 'Ears'! Me and the boys were wondering about where to go in Yorkshire. I'll see about organising a trip ASAP.

H.D.
Francis Holland 13 May 2005
In reply to hugedyno:

The Definative Bouldering guide to Slipstones is ONLY available from Sypeland Outdoors on Pateley Bridge High street.
 Liam M 13 May 2005
In reply to jas wood: I didn't quite get the most out of it last time I went as a lot of the problems felt quite high ball, and I wasn't entirely confident on what basically seemed like short solos. But those who I went with climbed a lot harder and more confidently than me and seemed to really enjoy the place.

I'd like to get back at some point when i'd be happy to solo severe and I think then your original assertion may feel true.
Yrmenlaf 13 May 2005
In reply to Liam M:

The arete at the far end (can't remember its name) is a class Severe

Y.
hugedyno 13 May 2005
In reply to Francis Holland:
> (In reply to hugedyno)
>
> The Definative Bouldering guide to Slipstones is ONLY available from Sypeland Outdoors on Pateley Bridge High street.

Do U stock 5. 10. Galileos as well?

;¬)
H.D.

OP jas wood 14 May 2005
In reply to jas wood:
the arete is called pauls arete and all climbs (ish ) are in north of england climbs - smartboysonline and sorry but it needs a big shout to be recognised as a MAJOR venue for bouldering !
OP jas wood 14 May 2005
In reply to jas wood:think pauls arete is e1 like!
high and trickyish.
must say tho this venue is for the more "skillful climber" shall i say and grades SEEM to be undergraded for me!
Yrmenlaf 14 May 2005
In reply to Yrmenlaf:
>
>
> The arete at the far end (can't remember its name) is a class Severe
>
> Y.

I was thinking of Tranmire Arete, which my 1980 brown guide (my new guide is in the car, and I am bone idle) gives at V Diff.

I thought it hard for a V Diff. Shall we have a long, heated debate on the subject of its grade?

Y.
OP jas wood 15 May 2005
In reply to jas wood: no cos i,m off to brim!
 Marc C 15 May 2005
In reply to jas wood: That's a coincidence - was planning to take my wife for a gentle sunday day trip to Fountains Abbey, and thought maybe I could 'accidentally' (sneakily) end up at the Slipstones Logged on to RT, and there was your Slipstones recommendation! Don't have a guide, so if anyone reads this before 11 - any recommendations?
Yrmenlaf 16 May 2005
In reply to Marc C:

The Mock Driud's Temple at Ireby is good for a family as well.

Y.
OP jas wood 16 May 2005
In reply to Marc C: soory about the time but if still going or going back try yorkshire grit website which is tops!!
 Marc C 16 May 2005
In reply to jas wood: Definitely going back - though think I need a bigger thicker mat!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...