UKC

UKC tee shirt ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NIGBEE 13 May 2005
Following on from my pay for Rocktalk thread

Would any one else actually like a UKC/Rocktalk tee shirt ? don’t know if any one else is the same but if I get chatting to someone at a crag I usually ask if they post on UKC and have met a few people that do (I am always amazed at the amount of people that have never even heard of it)

You could have your name on them and everything !

Long sleeve cotton tee, we could even get our own Duncan Bourne to draw up a cartoon for it

I’d buy one any one else ?
 curlymynci 13 May 2005
In reply to NIGBEE:

I think there might be a few Yates moments on the crags if we willingly identified ourselves.
 CJD 13 May 2005
In reply to NIGBEE:

there was one designed a couple of years ago. Jude CT has one - she was wearing it at the Brimham picnic. I think Duncan designed that one too.
 CJD 13 May 2005
In reply to curlymynci:

I try to avoid everyone I see at crags in case they identify me and decide to throw eggs at me.
 london_huddy 13 May 2005
In reply to CJD: Jude did something on the Friends of UK Climbing (FUKC) theme. looked the dogs. funny too. that was back in the day though.
OP NIGBEE 13 May 2005
In reply to CJD:

ah, all before my time on here

bendy 13 May 2005
In reply to NIGBEE:

I've seen judes I think it's a good idea to get duncan the cartoony (sorry thats not even a word) style is fun, I'd have one

C*
Imperium 13 May 2005
In reply to NIGBEE:

Have a laugh!

I wouldn't want to be associated with the forum when I was on the crag, and would imagine others to be the same.
 GrahamD 13 May 2005
In reply to Imperium:

Surely you would like to identify at a glance the experts on:

3PS
Top Roping
Which Rope to Buy
Tying Abseil ropes

etc. ?
 Wingnut 13 May 2005
In reply to NIGBEE:
As others have said above, was done a while back - the pic was a group caricature of some of the more infamous posters of the day iirc.

But sometimes it's more fun to guess - creates some interesting comedy moments and, if you ask someone who isn't a rocktalker, that's another bod who's been made aware of the site who didn'y know about it before. . . . admittedly, I've made it easy for people by painting my username across the front of my helmet in inch-high letters.
 Ridge 13 May 2005
In reply to CJD:
> (In reply to curlymynci)
>
> I try to avoid everyone I see at crags in case they identify me and decide to throw eggs at me.

Too late, you have been spotted by my spies. A crate of extra large free range is being loaded at this very moment.

Ridge 13 May 2005
In reply to Wingnut:
> (In reply to NIGBEE)
> I've made it easy for people by painting my username across the front of my helmet in inch-high letters.

<awaits lectures on degradation of helmets due to solvents>

CJD 13 May 2005
In reply to Ridge:

really? where?

oh lord. I hope I wasn't being loud or abusive. I really do try to be quiet and hope that people don't notice me.

poo.
OP NIGBEE 13 May 2005
In reply to Wingnut:

maybe time for a new one ?
 MeMeMe 13 May 2005
In reply to NIGBEE:

>
> I’d buy one any one else ?

Shouldn't they pay us for the advertising?
Does that mean we'd be professional climbers and we'd have to give up amateur status?
OP NIGBEE 13 May 2005
In reply to MeMeMe:
> (In reply to NIGBEE)
>
> [...]
>
> give up amateur status?

for me its a state of mind

chris tan ( unVersioned) 13 May 2005
In reply to Wingnut:
>admittedly, I've made it easy for people by

That slightly deranged glaze and uncontrollable tick in my eyes, going "Chhoooooo! Choooooo!" at regular intervals and walking about with manky old cimbing gear covered in gaffer tape.
 MeMeMe 13 May 2005
In reply to NIGBEE:
> (In reply to MeMeMe)
> [...]
>
> for me its a state of mind

State of mind and body for me...
 Adders 13 May 2005
In reply to NIGBEE: no way would i buy one.
Its bad enough as it is people recognising me at the crag but to actally advertise the fact im a bored 9 -5 worker who wastes time on rt is an insane idea.
 CJD 13 May 2005
In reply to Adders:

well said.
OP NIGBEE 13 May 2005
In reply to CJD:

you sure

they could do a pink one
Kev on the road 13 May 2005
In reply to NIGBEE:
I had one for a while but lost it to a hungry cow in China so in the market for a new one.
Keep me informed on any progress.
You can see the previous t shirt in my photo gallery.

kev
OP NIGBEE 13 May 2005
newtosussex 13 May 2005
In reply to NIGBEE:

I'd buy one.
 BrianT 17 May 2005
In reply to CJD:
> (In reply to NIGBEE)
>
> there was one designed a couple of years ago. Jude CT has one - she was wearing it at the Brimham picnic. I think Duncan designed that one too.

We were goin to sell them, in various styles, with the username on the back, a la footy shirts, but we got so much sneering and shit from some people, and so little enthusiasm, that we dropped the idea. We needed about 100 interested punters to make it worthwhile, and we had skinny lycra T's, for the girls, long-sleeved T's, hoodies, strappy crop-tops and standard T's. Maybe we ought to revive it. Then again maybe someone else should. I've got mine.
Lizzie 17 May 2005
In reply to NIGBEE:
couldn't we have something a little more discreet, like the AA pin
 Norrie Muir 17 May 2005
In reply to NIGBEE:
> Following on from my pay for Rocktalk thread
> Would any one else actually like a UKC/Rocktalk tee shirt > I’d buy one any one else ?

Dear NIGBEE

You have some whizz ideas. Why don't you set a subscription up, and pay me not to post on UKC.

Norrie

PS Have you asked UKC for a fee for your "Intellectual Property Rights" for this idea?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...