UKC

Climbing clubs etc in Manchester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Castleman 29 May 2005
Hi all,

I'm moving to Manchester in a few months after graduation and am wondering if people know of any good active and sociable clubs? I'm looking at getting back into the rock climbing and mountaineering that I used to do before uni.

Cheers,

Mike
 Marcus B 29 May 2005
In reply to Castleman:
Try contacting the new climbing wall. It's likely they will be able to give you ifo or phone numbers for the local clubs.
OP Castleman 29 May 2005
In reply to Marcus Brewer:

Thanks, I'm hoping that people who use this forum might mention any that they are involved with and give their views! Always good to kind of know people and their experiences of clubs.
 embers 30 May 2005
In reply to Castleman:
try the KMC club, here is their web site it has contact info and stuff on it.
http://www.karabiner.org/

haze01 30 May 2005
In reply to Castleman:
Only manchester club i have experience of is the MMU club, but thats probably not that helpful as you'd have to be a student to join.

I think the biggest non-student one round here is the Karabina club mentioned by someone else - i know they meet on a Thursday at a pub in town but other than that i don't know much about them.

There's also a few of us non-club Manc based folks online hre. Assuming i'm about the grade/experience you're looking for then drop me an email if you need a partner when you get here. :0)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...