UKC

FREE Ben Heason Angel Falls Lecture

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Jon Garside 20 Jun 2005
You've probably read about it in the mags already, but if you haven't.............

An international team of seven climbers have recently returned from making the first free ascent of the world’s biggest overhanging free-climb - the main amphitheatre of Angel's Falls in Venezuela.

Nine of the 31 pitches were E7, and all on-sighted by Ben Heason, John Arran or Miles Gibson.

Come and hear Ben talk about the team's exploits this Friday 24 June at Brincliffe Oaks Pub, Oakhill Road, Sheffield, S7 1SJ. Get there for 8.00pm.
Mac in the USA 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Jon Garside:

Hi mate,

Is it close to Sheffield train station? Do to traveling around the world and being a pro bum I don't have wheels.

Thanks dude

Mac
 Ian Hey 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Mac in the USA:

About 5-10 minutes on a bus. The bus station is opposite the train station. Take any bus going up Ecclesall Road and get off at Hunters Bar roundabout. Its a minutes walk from there.
Robert Dickson 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Ian Hey:
> (In reply to Mac in the USA)
>
> and get off at Hunters Bar roundabout. Its a minutes walk from there.

That sounds like the directions to the Lescar!

Ian Hey 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Robert Dickson:

Oops. my mistake! I've obviously been away from Sheffield for far to long. You want to catch a bus to Nether Edge (still 5 - 10 minutes tho) and ask for directions from there. I'll leave it to a local to give you better directions.
OP Jon Garside 23 Jun 2005
In reply to Mac in the USA: Go to www.multimap.com and type in the post code - S7 1SJ - that'll bring up the map of where it is. See you Friday night!
 john horscroft 24 Jun 2005
In reply to Jon Garside:

I've also posted on

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=135624

with my own personal directions. Hope that helps!! See you there.

JH

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...