UKC

Coffee....really screws you up !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jonno 22 Jun 2005

After getting up with the lark this morning and starting the day,as usual with a couple of mugs of coffee as I fired off some e mails. I gradually felt more and more sh*t ?
Palpitations, headache, tight chest, dizzyness....then I cottoned on what was happening to me.
After drinking only decaff coffee for the past three months I had accidentally knocked back the real stuff.

I can't see how coffee chock full of caffeine can be anything but bad for your health your system reacts so badly to a sudden caffeine hit.

I buggered if I'm polluting my body with that sh*t again !
 DougG 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Jonno:

I have about a pint of black coffee every morning. Never noticed a thing.

MAYBE I'M ALWAYS THIS NEUROTIC THOUGH.
 Jon Jones 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Jonno:

have a mares bar instead
Jenny5.10 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Jonno: I can’t drink the stuff, I get like a small child that’s just eaten loads of sweets...really hyperactive, and then I pass KO with a headache
Jonno 22 Jun 2005
In reply to DougG:

I used to start the day with two 'Pete's Eats' pint mugs of the real stuff.

God know how I'm still alive really ?
willow 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Jon Jones:

eating horses is wrong
 JayH 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Jonno:

Aye, but what about all the chemicals used to decaffeinate the stuff? I doubt they're going to do you much good... Better to stick to plain water.

Me, I used to grind my coffee beans of a morning so I could have a pint of strong roast in the morning. I'd top this up every hour with a mug of instant. I had a reputation for being a somewhat 'wired' lecturer... Recently I cut down to a single mug of strong roast and a single mug of instant. I can't go less than that or my system will just collapse - I *need* my drug!
 nz Cragrat 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Jonno:

WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT !!

How dare you utter such filth and lies.

That is what I am like without it.

I'm devastated that someone would even mention INSTANT coffee. You might as well drink car oil and coke.

hutchm 22 Jun 2005
In reply to JayH:

Nice freshly ground double espresso first thing....how can anyone wake up without it.

Having said that, my missus has just switched to decaf and fruit teas, which, while tasting like cack, have resulted in her health noticeably improving in a matter of weeks.

She was suffering heart palpitations etc, and generally looked really run down.
onetimeonly 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Jonno:

I recently stopped drinking coffee i was known in the office for my 'loopy juice' a coffee of such magnitude that we behaved like a pack of rabid dogs. Since stopping i have not once felt the need to throw things out of windows or try and do tricks off office furniture.
 Tiggs 22 Jun 2005
willow 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Tiggs:

people who drink coffee have a much more interesting view of life don't they
 hutchm 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Tiggs:

Damn right! My webs are rubbish if I have more than one mugful in a morning....

JayH 22 Jun 2005
In reply to hutchm:

You do have point, though. My cellulite disappeared entirely when I gave up coffee altogether. I slept better. My skin was clear, soft and dewy.

But I couldn't get out of bed in the morning, had no wit or repartee and no zing about me.

Hence my compromise. Anyway, who cares about a bit of cellulite? When Jon takes off his (jam-jar) glasses, I become the most beautiful woman in the world :oD
 Tiggs 22 Jun 2005
In reply to willow: Ummmmm I rarely drink coffee, I prefer tea....
 Tiggs 22 Jun 2005
In reply to JayH: Men don't notice cellulite, they're too busy looking at the other bits.....
psd 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Jonno:

I gave up on coffee a little while ago - not for the health kick, I just found myself not drinking it. I'm not going to start drinking it again because after several weeks without it I had an espresso, and spent the rest of the day struggling to concentrate. It just wiped my brain for the rest of the day.
willow 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Tiggs:

yeah well it's probably cheaper than getting Laurence Llewelyn Bowen in
 hutchm 22 Jun 2005
In reply to psd:

My main impediment for not giving up is the fact that I have a very very expensive coffee machine and grinder.
 nz Cragrat 22 Jun 2005
In reply to hutchm:

You have my undivided attention

I had until recently a LaPavoni lever model - verry stylish
 hutchm 22 Jun 2005
In reply to nz Cragrat:

Mine's a francis francis X5. with a dualit burr grinder.

Probably not as expensive as some of the fully automated ones, but a hefty chunk of my budget...
 Ridge 22 Jun 2005
In reply to hutchm and nzCragrat:

Green with envy at your lovely toys
AliceW 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Jonno:

I have coffee EVERY morning - don't think it does me any harm.

And when I don't have it, I don't get withdrawal symptoms, so I am not addicted - I just like it.
willow 22 Jun 2005
In reply to AliceW:

how many cups do you drink a day?
 Lbos 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Jonno:

Ever notice how people who smoke lots and drink lots of coffee, have breath that smells of shit? Commonly reffered to in our house as "teacher breath".
Jenny5.10 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Lbos: Cor! i totally agree, i remember that smell from school...yuk!
 Lbos 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Jenny5.10: The head of year was a mean spirited old witch who, when shouting in your face, fumigated you at the same time. She confiscated my juggling balls for a whole year, which I thought was a great metaphor at the time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...