UKC

Corporate language: Helicopter quality??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sebastien 27 Jun 2005
Was browsing our group intranet this afternoon and came across a performance evaluation form. One point was 'Helicopter quality'!! Anyone knowledgable about corporate language...? But I m sure some will come with intersting sugestions.

Sébastien
Matt Pedley 27 Jun 2005
In reply to sebastien:

Corporate Language changes everytime the management go on a new course, don't worry about it, it'll never take off.

Matt
KevinD 27 Jun 2005
In reply to sebastien:
> Was browsing our group intranet this afternoon and came across a performance evaluation form. One point was 'Helicopter quality'!!

noisy, inefficent and requires more than thin air to sustain it
 Tony Buckley 28 Jun 2005
In reply to sebastien: As a veteran of meeting bingo, I have more than a passing familiarity with management-speak.

Let me leverage an added value solution to delight your upstream customer needs.

I believe this is probably referring to someone's ability to see the whole picture rather than just the immediate problem - how what they're doing relates to what other people are doing. To take a wider view, such as one would get of the land if one were in, for example, a helicopter. Or if one were a corpulent CEO looking down at the slaving underpaid minions scurrying like ants around the factory floor and able to see beyond the problems caused by having to employ odious proles to the sweet fat profits their labours will make for you. That kind of thing.

T.
 DougG 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Tony Buckley:

Or maybe it means that if the company crashes, you've got absolutely f*ck all chance of getting out unscathed.
 TobyT 28 Jun 2005
In reply to sebastien:

Not what you wanted but:
http://www.fatalexception.org/action_item.html
 john horscroft 28 Jun 2005
In reply to TobyT:

Oh that made I larf................

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...