UKC

Spotted - UKC T-shirt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Kate Farley 28 Jun 2005

Who were you? I spotted a limited edition ( recognised because I've got one too! Hah!) UKC t-shirt at Glastonbury on Friday. unfortunately, the mud prevented me from catching up and accosting the wearer - who's the guilty party then? own up...
Clauso 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Kate Farley:

Sutty?
 Chris the Tall 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Kate Farley:
I spotted one on the back of Wingnut at Staden on Sunday

Who on earth chose that colour ? Was it specifically designed to look drab against all known types of rock ? You did well to spot it against the mud at Glastonbury

Not that I'm bitter about not getting one...
 Skyfall 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Chris the Tall:

The day-glo orange lettering shows up well though..
Kate Farley 28 Jun 2005
In reply to JonC:
> (In reply to Chris the Tall)
>
> The day-glo orange lettering shows up well though..

indeed, it seemed to glow through the mud.

What does sutty look like? is he fit with dark hair
 George Fisher 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Kate Farley:
> (In reply to JonC)
> is he fit with dark hair

Yep that's him.
 Norrie Muir 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Kate Farley:
> What does sutty look like? is he fit with dark hair

Dear Kate

Well his hair was darker 50 years ago.

Norrie
 Wingnut 28 Jun 2005
Bingly Bong 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Wingnut: My t-shirt still hasnt arrived
 sutty 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Kate Farley:

PML,

Kate, look in my profile to see pictures of me, definitely not fit with dark hair. More fat with white hair.

if you saw me at Glastonbury it would have been a first, doing the somme thing has never been my thing. Daz is taking the piss, as usual. Iwill see he is chastised next month by dressing him in an owl suit, putting him in a cage and leave several dead mice just out of his reach in the rain.
DaveC at Work 28 Jun 2005
In reply to sutty: Would you like me to slap Gfunk when I see him? He's a cheeky sod who needs putting in his place as well!
 sutty 28 Jun 2005
In reply to DaveC at Work:

Yes please. use half a sheet of dressed tripe for maximum pain. That will serve him right for changing his name to hide from the boss.
In reply to sutty: Consider it done!
 Si dH 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Bingly Bong:
I reckon you've missed out

Was tempted to wear mine to Wimberry on sunday but thought better of it, I'm not sure I want to be exposed as an internet geek at the crag

You and whose army?

Aussie freakshow.
In reply to Gfunk: You OK then? I'm seriously thinking about taking up running again. Might do the Draycote circuit on the way home from work once or twice a week but I need some new shoes first.

I'm well thanks. Yeah, go get some shoes, it's a really nice loop, good and flat and quite easy to find a steady pace on.

It's getting less painful and a bit quicker each time.
In reply to Gfunk: The pain is not something I look forward to.

In my very limited experience of running, 5 miles is a bit too far to start with.
cider nut @work 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Gfunk:

That's what I started on when I madly decided to train for the marathon 2 years ago. I didn't knacker my knees until I hit 1.5 hours! Even with knackered knees, 5 miles was okay yesterday, but that was on the gravel canal track, not Draycote's tarmac. The canal's prettier anyway!
 Dominion 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Gfunk:
> it's a really nice loop, good and flat

What sort of time are you running it in?

I do 5 miles usually 4 times a week, but not on a flat course, currently struggling at just over 40mins, best last year of 35mins...
 Fidget 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Dominion:

I managed 5 miles (flat along the canal) in 45:52 last night. First effort, so took it nice an gently, although I felt like I was flying along when I found my stride. The boys are a bit quicker than me...
 Dominion 28 Jun 2005
In reply to cider nut:

In that case I might try the Draycote circuit on my own, just to see what I can do without 7 or 8 hills on the way.

Did 9 miles last Monday and Tuesday, and managed to add even more hills - did the last 5 miles in 43 mins
 Dominion 28 Jun 2005

> but I need some new shoes first.

Grays in High Street have a fair few shoes at half-price at the moment, limited sizes but last years (or the year before) models...

Worth having a look, anyway.
 Fidget 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Dominion:

Where do you go to get the hills?

Draycote is just under 5 miles, it's either 4.75 or 4.95 (two of us measured it separately using bike computers and came up with different distances).
In reply to Dominion:

My first lap was 38 mins but i'd done 6 miles 3 days before and my legs were really tight.

Fridays lap was 33:50 but it was rediculously hot and humid.

I'm thinking 32 mins might be a good time to aim for if the weather is okay.
Kate Farley 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Kate Farley: hm, well that'll teach me not to check out profiles before I type! and oi, stop hyjacking my thread, I still want to know who the mystery bloke was...
In reply to Kate Farley:

Is this the running thread?
 Dominion 28 Jun 2005
In reply to cider nut:

From where I live down to the river, crossing a railway, and a stream, with the road going up in between each lowpoint.

Not steep, but sustained.

http://tinyurl.com/9kenz

The Ford at Little Lawford is 2.5 miles from my front door, I'm guessing the contours are at 10m intervals, so about 20-30 metre rise in about 200m once I turn round at the halfway mark (coming up past Clayhill Farm) and there is another dip where the little stream crosses, and that looks as though it's on the same contour as the ford...
 DougG 28 Jun 2005
In reply to the 5-milers:

I do a 5-mile loop round here:

http://tinyurl.com/9e22p

Currently taking me about 45 minutes at the moment but there are a couple of big bastard hills on it.

Will be up there again tonight. Looking forward to finishing.
Kate Farley 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Gfunk:
> (In reply to Kate Farley)
>
> Is this the running thread?

get away with your running malarky and leave me to my muddy t-shirt competition. go on, shoo
In reply to Dominion:
> (In reply to DaveC at Work)
>

> Grays in High Street have a fair few shoes at half-price at the moment, limited sizes but last years (or the year before) models...

Cheers for that Dom. Last years or whatever will be fine. Not fussed about having the 'latest' thing.

>Sorry Kate, I think the hijack was my doing!<
 Fidget 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Dominion:

Looks good, not that far from Draycote then.

I've only recently started enjoying my running, so I tend to pick routes that start at my house, to motivate me to get out more (otherwise I'm too lazy to cycle to the start).

If you want a running partner round there for a bit of variation at some point though, give me a shout.
 Fidget 28 Jun 2005
In reply to DougG:

That looks like murder! Glad it's too far away from me to take on the challenge.
daniel kinch 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Kate Farley:

wheyyyyyyyy that could have been me , i was wearing mine on fri after trashing everything else in the green fields

peace

dan
Kate Farley 28 Jun 2005
In reply to daniel kinch: Well thank god the t-shirt was safe! must have been you then - you're certainly a better bet than sutty I can't remember where I was, just that my wellies were steadily sinking into the slop at the time and I couldn't move. could have been my first unexpected meeting with a UKC bod too! probably a lucky escape from your point of view though, from what I remember of myself last friday...

Hope you had a good time Dan. did you lose anything in the flood?

K

Kipper 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Clauso:

Everybody should claim to be 'sutty' when approached while wearing a UKC T-shirt.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...