UKC

Business-Marketing quote needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Daisy 05 Jul 2005
I'm preparing a presentation for work and I need to stick in one eye catching slide with some nice graphics but I need a good quote to go with it...any suggestions? nothing dirty please!
 glyn28 05 Jul 2005
In reply to Daisy: "For the introduction of a new kind of music must be shunned as imperiling the whole state; since styles of music are never disturbed without affecting the most important political institutions."
Plato

"Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination; do not become the slave of your model."
Vincent van Gogh

"The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself."

Peter F. Drucker

"If you don't believe in your product, of if you're not consistent and regular in the way you promote it, the odds of succeeding go way down. The primary function of the marketing plan is to ensure that you have the resources and the wherewithal to do what it takes to make your product work."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

"Business has only two functions - marketing and innovation."

Milan Kundera

"I notice increasing reluctance on the part of marketing executives to use judgment; they are coming to rely too much on research, and they use it as a drunkard uses a lamp post for support, rather than for illumination."

Anon
Clauso 05 Jul 2005
In reply to Daisy:

Pot Noodles - Buy one get one free

Tesco, 2004
Daisy 05 Jul 2005
In reply to glyn28: Great! thanks!
 glyn28 05 Jul 2005
In reply to Daisy: de rien
 Lightweight 05 Jul 2005
In reply to Daisy:

when it comes to presentations, there is no such thing as an eye-catching slide. best thing is to count the number of slides, then halve it. everyone will thank you.

business quotes are cliches too...
Dave Hunter, Rock + Run 05 Jul 2005
In reply to Daisy:

How about

'Marketing has great power but is not an end in itself'

(Bit of a sore point with me sometimes that).

Or

Marketing is the servant of sales

probably won't go down too well either, but is true
Daisy 05 Jul 2005
In reply to Lightweight: I agree but I have to do what I'm told...
 tony 05 Jul 2005
In reply to Lightweight:
> (In reply to Daisy)
>
>
> when it comes to presentations, there is no such thing as an eye-catching slide. best thing is to count the number of slides, then halve it. everyone will thank you.
>
And whatever you do, don't use any PowerPoint animations or flying screens or whatever. They're all bollocks.
 Lightweight 05 Jul 2005
In reply to Daisy:

then use slides - just keep it to 8 of them.

each one has more individual impact then.

go with your instincts, they're obviously right.

besides, there are three reasons for everything. absolutely everything. because if there are four, squeeze two into one, and if there are two split one in half or add a caveat.

that's how people look clever yet succinct on telly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...