UKC

primus stove spares

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Shopping 4 guns 08 Jul 2005
Does anybody know of where I can find spares for primus stoves as I have lost my flames deflector bit.

Cheers
steve
jimtheape 08 Jul 2005
In reply to Shopping 4 guns:

have a look at the bottom of

http://www.needlesports.com/acatalog/Primus.html
Stuart Robinson 08 Jul 2005
> Does anybody know of where I can find spares for primus stoves as I have lost my flames deflector bit.

This guy is highly recommended, knows his subject very well;

http://www.base-camp.co.uk/

I had a late 1959 96L 1/2 pint Optimus that was missing its flame spreader, no loger obtainable as a spare from OptimusPrimus, but this guy had gone to the trouble of having a small batch made.
 Glyno 08 Jul 2005
Uk distributers are Rosker, tel: 02392528711 - I'd try them.
Cosmic John 08 Jul 2005

I actually made a totally effective flame deflector from the bowl of a stainless steel serving spoon. I've been using it for years.

Yuo just need a vice, hacksaw and a couple of files.

Adjust the clearance by bending the 4 "arms" until you get a nice clean roaring flame.

The older, loose, flame deflectors were cast. You got a different clearance by turning them over. The later models were pressed steel, and clipped on. They were rubbish, and eventually burned through.

Stuart Robinson 08 Jul 2005
In reply to Cosmic John:

> The older, loose, flame deflectors were cast. You got a different clearance by turning them over. The later models were pressed steel, and clipped on. They were rubbish, and eventually burned through.

The vast majority of the paraffin pressure stoves used brass speaders that look like they were pressedd from sheet, in both the roarer and silent configurations.

The only cast (iron) deflector I recall was fitted to the 1/2 pint stoves. They were replced with a pressed brass sheet around maybe the late 1970s.
Shopping 4 guns 10 Jul 2005
cheers for all you help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...