UKC

Plastic coffee filter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Not really a gear question but does anyone know where you can but plastic (Lexan?) coffee pots. Like the Bodrum ones you get with the plunger.

Cheers.
 nz Cragrat 17 Jul 2005
In reply to Colin Henderson:

Sorry , but HOW COULD YOU BE SO CRUEL to coffee
 Jasonic 17 Jul 2005
In reply to Colin Henderson: Starbucks had them at the airport! or the Bodum shop. Some folk seem to have the borrowed mini version from service stations.
 martin riddell 17 Jul 2005

got mine in a gear shop in NZ - ask nz cragrat to buy one and send it over - if he can lower himself to buy one
 nz Cragrat 17 Jul 2005
In reply to martin riddell:

you are too cruel.... the indignity - plungers and plastic....

anyway, are you talking a plastic bodum or a thermo mug (US style) with the plunger built into the lid?
 martin riddell 17 Jul 2005
In reply to nz Cragrat:
> (In reply to martin riddell)
>
>
>
thermo mug (US style) with the plunger built into the lid?

that's what I bought when I was over your way, from a gear shop in christchurch - still works a treat

nz Cragrat 17 Jul 2005
In reply to martin riddell:

Ahh yes. Not sure what the OP wanted though... can get one if anyone wanted..
 Damo 18 Jul 2005
In reply to nz Cragrat:
The old Kathmandu ones were great, but the new ones not so much. They're much nicer but heavier and the handle broke off mine first time I swung it to get the grounds out :-/

D
steve gandy 18 Jul 2005
In reply to Colin Henderson: Got mine at Snow and Rock...
In reply to all:

Ta for the input. Yes it's cruel but unshatterable (nice word!) plastic doesn't have to be looked after so well in a rucksack!

Cheers.
 nz Cragrat 19 Jul 2005

what is wrong with a small moka pot?

I take one into the hills - but then I only drink espresso

http://www.ineedcoffee.com/03/mokaexpress/?page=2
 Carolyn 20 Jul 2005

Used to be in most of the gear shops in Keswick - not sure if they're still easily available? And I've also been tempted by the motorway service station option - surely at the price, they're selling you the pot as well as the coffee in it?!

Bodum also make (made?) a very good cup-top plastic coffee filter - much lighter to carry around.
 Doug 20 Jul 2005
In reply to Carolyn:
I bought an all plastic cafetière in Woolworths, Oban many years ago for not very much (sale I think) mostly to use when car camping as less fragile than the glass versions. Now use a small stove top expresso maker which makes much better coffee
 nz Cragrat 20 Jul 2005
In reply to Doug:

Under Caffeine Creators on teh Mtn Equip Co-op website:

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_listing.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=253437...
Slugain Howff 20 Jul 2005
Have you seen this from Lakeland plastics. 2 in 1 plunger and cup. Saves carrying both. I swear by it.

http://www.lakelandlimited.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/GBP...
In reply to Slugain Howff:

Perfect. Ta lots. Got one at Lakeland last night (half-price too which was nice)

Thanks to all for input.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...