UKC

Moving to Keswick?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
weepiglet 28 Jul 2005

Thinking of moving to Keswick in the Autumn but finding it really hard to find places to rent - most of it seems to be for tourists. Anyone know where i can find flats / cottages / small house to rent or even a share? Also, is there a local hillwalking/ mountaineering / climbing club?

Cheers.
 Keith Roughley 28 Jul 2005
In reply to weepiglet:

Apparently the house prices in Keswick are the most expensive in the country, except London of course.

weepiglet 28 Jul 2005
In reply to weepiglet:

Yes, that's why I want to (have to) rent - I had a look at a few for sale on the web and it's even more expensive than Edinburgh! 250k for a 2 bedroom house, come on it's Keswick not Chamonix!
 net 28 Jul 2005
In reply to weepiglet: Keswick Mountaineering club's website is at http://www.thekmc.org
 Carolyn 28 Jul 2005
In reply to weepiglet:

Try contacting some of the local estate agents - some may do rentals, but if not, they should certainly be able to tell you who does.

Cumberland & Tiffens are a couple of names to try - not sure who has branches in Keswick.

Also, depending where/if you're working, might well be significantly cheaper a touch further west!
 kevin stephens 28 Jul 2005
In reply to weepiglet:

try Tebay and commute?
Dave Hunter, Rock + Run 28 Jul 2005
In reply to Keith Roughley:
> (In reply to weepiglet)
>
> Apparently the house prices in Keswick are the most expensive in the country, except London of course.

And Edinburgh. And Ambleside. And Grasmere. And quite a few other places I'd imagine. But expensive they certainly are.

G Graham 28 Jul 2005
In reply to kevin stephens:
> (In reply to weepiglet)
>
> try Tebay and commute?

Yeah, houses that used to sell there for £28k are now available at the discount bargain price of £145k.
The whole county has gone mad.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...