UKC

Wild country oxygen krabs - opinions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
chorlton_wheelie 01 Aug 2005
Anyone using these?
KeithS 01 Aug 2005
In reply to chorlton_wheelie:

OK for quickdraws and extenders. However, not so good for racking wires, unless you like dropping them on your second that is.
styman 01 Aug 2005
too heavy, buy wiregates
 nz Cragrat 01 Aug 2005
In reply to styman:

buy heliums....
In reply to KeithS:

Have come across mixed opinions on this - some folks seem to think the clean nose is a good thing for racking wires - others the root of all evil. A mate of mine has just been on a course and was advised to get some similar krabs (not oxygens but the same kind of nose) for racking their wires.

In reply to styman:
Probably most likely to be used in a sport environment (too scared to think about trad leading just yet), was thinking solid on the bolt end, wire on the bottom - not entirely sure why I'm thinking this, I spend too much read conflicting opinions all over the net.
 Martin W 01 Aug 2005
In reply to chorlton_wheelie: A bit like the Wild Country Oxygen/Helium quickdraws http://www.wildcountry.co.uk/wcsite/pages/hardware/kara_quic2.html you mean? Nothing particularly controversial there I'd have thought.

I've got a couple of pairs of Oxygen krabs which I use on my extendable quickdraws. My theory is that the "clean" nose is less likely to snag the sling when I'm extending the 'draw. So far they've done pretty much exactly what you'd expect a krab to do. <disclaimer>This will not doubt lead to my rapid and painful demise so please do not follow the same practice without carefully considering the all safety aspects yourself first.</disclaimer>

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...