UKC

Creative Zen Accessories?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Fryer 04 Aug 2005
I'm a complete luddite when it comes to these things. my brother got one for a birthday present, so I am looking at an accessiry to go with it. Does anyone have one of these things, and know of anything useful to buy that doesn't come with it? Is a protective case of some sort handy, for example?

Thanks, I havent got a clue with thse things.
roblo 04 Aug 2005
OP Chris Fryer 04 Aug 2005
In reply to roblo: Umm, at the risk of sounding stupid, what am I looking at on that page, it's all ipod stuff? Is all ipod stuff fully compatible, and as I asked originally, what is useful?
In reply to Chris Fryer:

Dave's got a leather case for his which looks nice and protects it.
gizmo 04 Aug 2005
In reply to Chris Fryer:

You'd have to check compatibility, but a remote which adds FM radio would be really cool: http://uk.europe.creative.com/shop/product.asp?prod=394

I've got a Zen, but not the remote, which means I have to take the thing out of it's case (they tend to come with a case) every time I want to choose another album.
roblo 04 Aug 2005
In reply to Chris Fryer:

was supposed to be a hilarious joke, join the masses, they are coming for you...
In reply to roblo: Ummm, OK?
 Dave80 04 Aug 2005
In reply to Charlotte in Anni's Basement: That case came with it and doesn't really protect it. It's just to provide a belt clip really as it doesn't even cover the screen.

Chris: Not sure what to suggest really. Maybe one of those little FM transmitters so that you can use it in your car if you don't have a tape deck or a little set of portable speakers.
In reply to Dave80: The FM transmitters and speakers look nice, but is there anything in the, um, lower price range? It's only my bro after all.
 Dave80 04 Aug 2005
In reply to Chris Fryer: I haven't looked at them so not sure really. I'm sure you could pick up a cheap set from Dixons or Argos or somewhere. Else, what type of radio does he have in his car? If it's got a tape deck you can get a tape converter for less than £10 that'll allow him to play his MP3 player through the car sterio without the FM transmitter
 Stig 04 Aug 2005
In reply to gizmo: Since you have one, can I ask: can you record voice onto the Zen and if so, for how long?

The reason I ask is, I want to use one for recording interviews for my research, and since I can get it on expenses, when I've finished I can use it for mp3s. Like the look of the Zen - better than an ipod.
 Dave80 04 Aug 2005
In reply to Stig: The model I've got you can't but I think you can with the newer models. Best bet is to read the info on their website.
 TimB 05 Aug 2005
In reply to Chris Fryer:

Chris, I'm currently pondering exactly the same thing (but for a cousin)

The best I've come up with is a CD full of MP3s - so they don't have to bother converting their audio CDs, but can get started easily.
gizmo 05 Aug 2005
In reply to Stig:

I can't personally record onto it with my standard 20Gb Zen Touch, but I think the optional FM remote control (£44) adds a voice-recorder feature.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...