UKC

Plas y Brenin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 marie 04 Aug 2005
Does Plas y Brenin have a bouldering wall/area?
Imperium 04 Aug 2005
In reply to marie:

Plastic Bread Bin has everything!

Including a nice bar where we can get shitted at will.

We'll be up that way this weekend if you're planning a jaunt.
OP marie 04 Aug 2005
In reply to Imperium: Nah, my daughter is there at the moment, only I just found out she took a fall, landed flat on her back and winded herself :oS
OP marie 04 Aug 2005
In reply to Richard Bradley: I did have a quick look but couldnt see a reference to bouldering...
Imperium 04 Aug 2005
In reply to marie:

> I just found out she took a fall, landed flat on her back and winded herself :oS

That's the saddest f*cking story I've heard all day. Honestly, it is.
 wizz walker 04 Aug 2005
In reply to marie:

Maybe she just fell off her bar-stool? ;0)
OP marie 04 Aug 2005
In reply to Imperium: lol :op
OP marie 04 Aug 2005
In reply to wizz walker: At 12, one would hope not... but I dont suppose it is out of the question...
 wizz walker 04 Aug 2005
In reply to marie:

Well, if it had been that lad o` yours, I wouldn`t be surprised after Bens dealings with him!
Got your mail btw & will bell or mail Mr P asap.
In reply to marie: Under climbing wall it says 'high quality bouldering problems'. Doesn't mention mats.
Mattress 04 Aug 2005
In reply to Richard Bradley:
There's mats aplenty, or at least there where when I was last there (over a year).
 alisonk 05 Aug 2005
In reply to marie:
Their climbing wall is mostly bouldering with some toproping at the end. When I was there in May the bouldering area had very big thick mats, covering the entire area.
 Tom_Ball 05 Aug 2005
In reply to alisonj:
I second that
Rosie A 05 Aug 2005
In reply to marie: I wouldn't worry the staff are highly safety conscious... she's in good hands. Climbing twelve year old girl? We do need to meet! Sorry, not stalking you am I?
Jenny5.10 05 Aug 2005
In reply to marie: She could have been bouldering the overhanging/archway bit, easy to fall on you back and wind yourself there, its about 7-8ish foot. However, like the others have said, there are large mats covering the area.
 Ben C 05 Aug 2005
In reply to Richard Bradley: certainly well matted but high quality problems i think not !! (a dig at their burb not u)
 Dave80 05 Aug 2005
In reply to marie: Ach, she's young enough to bounce anyway! :oP

It's good she's getting to do some climbing as she looked like a natural when we were in Wales.
Rosie A 05 Aug 2005
In reply to Jenny5.10: hmmm thought I'd omit to mention the potentially debilitating 8ft drop onto mats that appear to be constructed of 4-ply under the circumstances.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...