UKC

Snow and Rock sale?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Phil Anderson 17 Aug 2005
A friend mentioned he'd heard that Snow and Rock (or at least the one in Chertsey) were going to have a sale starting on Friday.

Can any one in the know confirm this and whether there's going to be any climbing gear going cheap? It's quite a trip for me so I'd rather not go unless it'll be potentially worth my while.
 ste_d 17 Aug 2005
In reply to Clinger: you might call them on Tel: 0845 100 1016
man_in_the_alps 18 Aug 2005
In reply to Clinger:
10% off everything ,starts tomorrow,still makes them at least 5% more expensive than most people !!!
Wes 18 Aug 2005
In reply to Clinger: Sale starts Friday
OP Phil Anderson 18 Aug 2005
In reply to All: Thanks. Was hoping for a bit more interest than a blanket 10% off sale. Still, with the additional 10% on my mate's BMC card it may make things worthwhile.
 Carolyn 18 Aug 2005
In reply to Clinger:
> Still, with the additional 10% on my mate's BMC card it may make things worthwhile.

You may find sale items are excluded from the 10% BMC discount.......
Wes 18 Aug 2005
In reply to Clinger: Salke items WILL be excluded from further discounts.

Even the staff don't get a discount on stock that is already discounted (unless the staff discount is larger than the in-store discount)
OP Phil Anderson 19 Aug 2005
In reply to Wes + Carolyn: Oh! Bum!

So that's ten percent off as opposed to, err... ten percent off! Never mind, perhaps there'll be some further reductions on selected stuff.
 anonymous1 19 Aug 2005
In reply to man_in_the_alps:

yeh it beyond me why people buy climbiung gear from snow and rock, plus there staff attitude stinks
Wes 19 Aug 2005
In reply to anonymous1:
> (In reply to man_in_the_alps)
>
plus there staff attitude stinks

Well, as i said to someone else- you never had the pleasure of being served by me! Don't tar 'em all with the same brush, there are some good ones out there.

sutty 19 Aug 2005
In reply to Wes:

Morning Wes, email me your moby no please so we can co-ordinate people a bit better than we did last weekend. I will not give it out without asking you first. Thanks for your help in gathering in several lost souls,
Wes 19 Aug 2005
In reply to sutty: You've got mail, old boy
Wes 19 Aug 2005
In reply to Clinger: Spoke to one of my mates at S+R this morning.

The sale is alot more than just 10%. Alot of summer stuff at 20%-50% off and a load of the Mountain (anything with a barcode that begins with the letter M) products are heavily discounted as well.

Have fun shopping!
OP Phil Anderson 19 Aug 2005
In reply to All: Went allong and a bit disapointed.

That said, it would be great if you were after trendy clothes, but sadly I wasn't.

I couldn't see any climbing gear discounted with the exception of a couple of pairs of shoes.
Maggot 19 Aug 2005
In reply to anonymous1:
> (In reply to man_in_the_alps)
>
> yeh it beyond me why people buy climbiung gear from snow and rock, plus there staff attitude stinks

I had absolutely exceptional service from them when I went to buy my boots at the covent garden store. Helped me out no-end and made a great change to the rest of the stores around here by actually having some idea of what they were talking about. Better than london Cotswold where I asked to try on some Cumbres and was then asked by the assisant; "ooh, they're big, what are they for?"

I guess it depends on the assistant. My only complaint is they've now nocked £80 off my boots in the sale ;(
mac_climb 19 Aug 2005
In reply to Maggot: snow and rock is complete bollocks
 rock_waif 19 Aug 2005
In reply to Clinger:

I've got some very good bargains in the sales
 soveda 20 Aug 2005
In reply to rock_waif:
> (In reply to Clinger)
>
> I've got some very good bargains in the sales

Me too but it does help to have a little knowledge before you go!

Ade

Maggot 20 Aug 2005
In reply to mac_climb: I don't doubt that some, perhaps even most, of their staff are crap...but I've had excellent service from them and thought in the hope of a complete view I'd say how good I've found them.

And how wank I found cotswold

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...