UKC

Tragedy at Kilnsey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
WdubyaG 31 Aug 2005
For all those tuning in for a gore-fest, sorry to dissapoint, this is just a question about a route

Does anyone still do the original route, Tragedy, (there didn't seem to be any chalk on it), or has 'Travesty' taken over as the way to climb this bit of rock. What grade are these two varients of the same route (yes, I have checked the route database but I am interested in 'your' view )

Ta.
 Andy Farnell 31 Aug 2005
In reply to WdubyaG: Tragedy takes the lower line of bolts to the right of The Bulge, traversing right and then going up to the lower belay. I felt it worth 7c+, but that was in the last millenium and it may have gain/lost holds and become easier/harder since then.

Travesty goes almost straight up where Tragedy goes right following the higher set of bolts, although it does trend rightwards, to finish at the same belay. There is alot of independant climbing on Traversty, at a supposed 7b+/7c.

Hope this helps.

Andy F
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 31 Aug 2005
In reply to WdubyaG:

Tragedy used to start (almost) direct but over the years the start has slowly migrated leftwards. Traverse hard right before climbing up to the right of Traversty.
 Michael Ryan 31 Aug 2005
In reply to Steve Crowe:
> (In reply to WdubyaG)
>
> Tragedy used to start (almost) direct but over the years the start has slowly migrated leftwards. Traverse hard right before climbing up to the right of Traversty.

Tradegy originally started super-super direct, hard steep moves up poor edges as I remember up to a pocket slot........it was 8a this way......but I kept falling of the last darn move.

Mick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...