UKC

Cliffhanger

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jim@thecrag 31 Aug 2005
Is on ITV2
Paul F 31 Aug 2005
In reply to jim@thecrag:

Off to Cortina on Sat so watching it for tips.
 Simon 31 Aug 2005
In reply to Paul F:

staying away -gawd its shite!

si
Paul F 31 Aug 2005
In reply to Simon:

What Cortina? or the Sly-mans attemps at a climbing movie?
 craig l 31 Aug 2005
In reply to Paul F: Thats weird I'm off to Cortina on Saturday..........now I come to think of its with you! And leave sly out of this.....he's great
Paul F 31 Aug 2005
In reply to craig l:

You bringing the bolt gun?
 marie 31 Aug 2005
In reply to jim@thecrag: Im sure this film has been on TV more than Eastenders recently...

:oS
Wes 31 Aug 2005
In reply to Simon:
> (In reply to Paul F)
>
>
> -gawd its shite!
>

Not a bad as Vertical Limit which the duty staff are watching next door to me as i write. Knobbers!
Paul F 31 Aug 2005
In reply to marie:

what's needed is a triple bill with K2 and Vertical limit!
Wes 31 Aug 2005
In reply to Paul F: Now, i like K2. Michael Biehn is cool!
Paul F 31 Aug 2005
In reply to Wes:

or old skool.....the eiger sanction
Wes 31 Aug 2005
In reply to Paul F: Now, that is a good film. I love the opening scenes in K2 where he climbs up to the girls and the cuy in the wheel chair asks "Does he do this often?" and the other guy (can't remember his names) replies; "Every Saturday night." COOL!
Paul F 31 Aug 2005
In reply to Wes:

I liked the bit in The Eiger Sanction when as an incentive to get Clint to the top, his female climbing partner took her top off. Why can't i find a partner like that?

Ladies any offers?
Iain Ridgway 31 Aug 2005
In reply to jim@thecrag: There's a quote by the guy who did MI 2 on here, saying that filming normal climbing is boring, I climb yet can't watch climbing videos.

The film is meant for the wider audience, the fact it is still replayed 15 years after its release speaks of its success. I like it, it's a simple action movie, doesn't try to be anything more than it is.

We got it out on DVD last week on our $1.25 (50p) a DVD night, think some people take life a wee bit too seriously.
Wes 31 Aug 2005
In reply to Paul F: I believe that's called inspiration. My missuss once said that if went climbing i wouldn't get to see hers...

didn't work though, went climbing and brought home (yet another) a cuddly toy for her.
 Kenny 01 Sep 2005
In reply to Iain Ridgway:
> (In reply to jim@thecrag) There's a quote by the guy who did MI 2 on here, saying that filming normal climbing is boring, I climb yet can't watch climbing videos.
>
> The film is meant for the wider audience, the fact it is still replayed 15 years after its release speaks of its success. I like it, it's a simple action movie, doesn't try to be anything more than it is.

well said.
Every fortnight I have to point to another Rocktalker that Cliffhanger is NOT a climbing film, it's an action film. And one of the very best in the genre.
I watched James Pearson's repeat of Equilibrium. Not to take away from a great aachievement, but...it was REALLY boring! And I am part of the partisan audience.
 Kenny 01 Sep 2005
In reply to jim@thecrag:

Oh and I have not mentioned Scream of Stone for a while. Herzog Europudding, sloppily padded out but stunning climbing sequences on location around Cerro Torre (and an Aussie interlude)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...